help/tips Athens Mykonos Istanbul London

funnyface

Reaction score
hey everyone...
i'm here to ask for some tips!
i'm traveling from brazil to those cities... I have been in Istanbul and London but only I was too little, so I really need some help!

these are my dates/hotesl

Athens:
• july 6 - 8
• grande bregtane hotel

Mykonos
• july 8 - 11
• imperial hotel & thalasso

Istanbul
• july 11 - 14
• park hyatt

London
• july 14 - 18
• the berkely

So, i was thinking if anyone can give me tips of events, exhibitions going on, and of course, night clubs/pubs/nightlife and shopping...

as for exhibitions, anything on fashion, movies, or photography...

night clubs/pubs, what are the hottest?
the most luxury one in istanbul or rock-scene-trendy in london?
anywhere where i can see beautiful people, famous people (not much for actors/actresses but more socialites and rockers/models/designers) and drink/eat good plus good music... (please write the kind of music)...

and as for shopping...
oh! shopping...
what is the colette (paris) of those cities?
or the bendels (ny)?
rodeo drive (la)?

ok ok, harvey nichols and harrods, what else?

and where to buy vintage? or local manufacturers for greece and istanbul?
i'm interrested in anything with good quality! even if it's a flee market!

thanks thanks thanks!

since i'm from Athens i can give you some tips. You are lucky cause the new museum of ACropolis just opened! you should definately visit it. there are many museums, i can make you a list. The hottest clubs are close to the sea(very close to glyfada:( Room, Akrotiri. The three hottest and most fancy locations are kifissia(north) kolonaki(center) and glyfada(south). First kifissia: clothes: gucci boutique, max mara, carouzos (calvin klein, prada, valentino, michael kors), image(elie saab) and ohers... you will find them walking around. the hottest club there is klik (but i recommend other clubs in athens.) next kolonaki (this is by fa the hottest locations and best for shopping), dior, gucci, balenciaga, linea piu (chanel), free shop (various), carouzos, etc one of the best cafes is cental and da capo, and for food prytaneion is amazing. glyfada also a place with loads of boutiques same as previously. there you will find the hottest cafes. Ritz is the best and for dessert chocolat (another cafe on the opposite side). the best club for me is Grande dame (it's a champagne bar, the best cocktail is diamond (from the famous flawless the cocktail with the diamond ring) with gold leafs inside. the location is gkazi close to kolonaki at the center of athens. gkazi is famous like soho (industrial, underground). if you need anything else p.m. me. i will try to find more when i'll go home i'm on the road now. all the informations are for Athens. i can't help you with mykonos, never been...

i'm sorry my previous message is messy but i'm writing from my phone. your hotel in athens is the best great choice and next to kolonaki! next to your hotel is a big road called ermou many stores there like sephora, mango, zara but for designer boutiques you have to go to kolonaki (walking distance about 8').

You should stroll around Beyoğlu, Istiklal Caddesi, Tünel in Istanbul to find vintage shops and second hand clothes. If you want to shop in a luxury mall where all the celebs and the rich people of Istanbul shop and spend their timetry Istinye Park, Kanyon. If you're looking for somewhere like Champ Elysee go to Nişantaşı :smile:
I don't know much about the nightlife in Istanbul but the most famouse nightclubs that i heard are Sortie and Reina and those two are located by Bosphorus where it gives you unique views most of the time:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys, i have everything written down!
it's good to have help :smile:

if you guys remember anything, please, tell!

i'm very excited, athens seems like so much fun and very beautiful, too bad i'm not staying more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->