Hilary Swank speaks about her divorce

But I don't really blame Vanity Fair for the current pop culture of confession. In fact, I blame Oprah. She legitimized and encouraged the notion that celebrities have to reveal hideous secrets to become human, and humans have to reveal hideous secrets to become celebrities. It's probably not a coincidence that a woman like Oprah, who was raised reciting scripture in Mississippi churches from the age of three, would become the nation's pastor, hosting afternoon confessionals. Every weekday afternoon, she leads her flock of 25 million into one side of the sacred booth, to hear what co-opted guests will whisper through the partition.

:clap: Finally!

On a side note, what amazes me in this Chad/Hillary story is that she didn't know about her husband's addiction. If you live with someone for nine years it's quite hard - to say the least - to not know if they're having substance abuse issues. Maybe she was just too busy with her film career. Pfft!

I knew she didnt have his permission. from Fox news

Chad Lowe is furious with estranged wife Hilary Swank after she detailed his substance abuse problem to the world in a Vanity Fair magazine article.

Swank made the shocking revelation in the August issue of the magazine and claims Lowe's problem contributed to the breakdown of their marriage.

A source close to Lowe tells Us Weekly magazine, "Chad was pretty surprised that Hilary would bring (his problem) into the equation."

Swank didn't specify the exact nature of Lowe's substance abuse problem, but the actor is now sober.

Another source adds, "Chad has been sober for three years. He isn't ashamed of his struggle, but he really wishes Hilary wouldn't have talked publicly now."

Family friend Bob Balaban says, "Whatever problem he might have had didn't affect his work."

Swank's lawyers insist she warned Lowe about what she had revealed to the magazine and that she did not make the claims in an effort to land the magazine's cover to publicize her new films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellaboyce
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->