Swank and Lowe Split

LilyGirl

Reaction score
sad, but not terribly surprising:

Swank Splits From Lowe

"The Insider"'s MARC MALKIN reports that double Oscar winner HILARY SWANK and her husband CHAD LOWE have decided to split.
Swank's manager, TROY NANKIN, tells Malkin that "Hilary and Chad have decided to separate but they are hopeful they will be able to get through this tough time."

It was this time last year when Hilary was accepting the Oscar for Best Actress ('Million Dollar Baby') and thanking Lowe, "last, but not least," for the support -- after her glaring omission when she won the Oscar in 2000 for 'Boys Don't Cry' and forgot to acknowledge her then-hubby.

The couple married in September of 1997 and have no children together.

I can't believe this! I loved that couple! Seemed so stable and low-key! I am really speechless!:shock: :shock: :cry:

That's it! Someone's gotta quarantine Hollywood so this doesn't spread.

I can't even talk about Hollywood splits anymore. Who's next? Reese and Ryan? :cry:

Wow.....that's tragic. Sorry to hear about this couple, but what can I say---they're a part of hollywood.

dlg

ADMIN EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
Rule #1 about celebrity marriages:
One star cannot outshine the other.
Swank = two time Oscar winner, Chad = hasn't done anything since "Life Goes On" (and he cries a lot.)

Rule #2 about celebrity marriages, is that you do not talk about celebrity marriages.

Obladi oblada...
:ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that a problem often arises when a WOMAN outshines the husband, because a lot of men seem to have a problem with that.

I don't think that was the problem here, though. I'm JUST GUESSING that Hilary wanted out of this, not the other way around.

^ I think you've hit the problem on the head. I think she's really been trying to mitigate it too, but there's only so much you can do.

It's very sad, because they've been together "forever," since Hilary was 19 I think. Relationship goes back a good way before they got married.

Don't you always notice that when a couple starts out BEFORE someone gets hugely successful, they ALWAYS break up?

I can't htink of any couple that is still together before any of them got famous....

But I guess every couple in Hollywood splits up, period.

How the hell have Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward managed to stay married over 50 years?

Gosh, that' so awful :blink: :cry:

Although I must admit I'm not very very shocked. a) she was more successful than him and b) it was very much obvious he wanted kids and she just wasn't interested. In an Elle editition last year she said 'Chad keeps asking over and over when are we going to have kids, I'm like not yet'

Well, she does still have a bit of time yet. Here's what always gets me about these husbands who are so upset about the kids issue. First of all, what makes anyone think that kind of attitude makes for a good parent? And secondly, word was that Lyle Lovett ditched Julia over this issue (she has since had twins with her new hubby). Has he had a child with anyone else??

sleazie ninja said:
Chad = hasn't done anything since "Life Goes On"

Obladi oblada...
OT: Tommy Puett's mullet!
mullet.gif

OMG, I gasped when I read the title of this thread!
And they seemed so wholesome and affable...

Spike413 said:
Jeez is EVERYONE getting divorced????

While flipping through the channels I saw a "news" brief about this on ET, however out of respect for the both of them (this is the first time I've ever done this) I turned the channel. :lol: I'm weird I know, but I really felt they were a respectable couple in Hollywood, which is a rarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->