Teri Hatcher speaks out about childhood sexual abuse

Jennika

Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

TERI 'MYSTERY' MAN REVEALED
pg603102006.jpg

10, 2006 -- WAS George Clooney's caddish behavior the reason Teri Hatcher went public with her shocking sex-abuse revelations?

The Vanity Fair cover story on the "Desperate Housewives" diva says Hatcher's jaw-dropping disclosure to the magazine - that she was sexually molested by her uncle as a child - was triggered by a recent romantic debacle with a Hollywood hunk referred to in the article only as "Mystery Man."
Four years ago, after learning that a teenager with a similar complaint against her uncle had killed herself, Hatcher feared he would escape prosecution and went to cops with her story. That prompted him to plead guilty. But Hatcher never had to testify in court, and her abuse remained secret until she revealed it to Vanity Fair.
The magazine reports the unidentified star who bedded and dumped Hatcher left her so emotionally shattered that she could no longer keep from talking about her evil uncle.
"Mystery Man" was none other than Clooney, a well-placed source tells Page Six. He dated Hatcher briefly beginning in January, when we first reported they'd gotten cozy, but he dropped her soon after.
"The debacle with Mystery Man . . . made the parallels between her romantic failures and the legacy of her sexual abuse seem too obvious to ignore," Vanity Fair's Leslie Bennetts writes. Clooney's rep, Stan Rosenfeld, says, "I doubt Teri Hatcher is your source, and unless she is, you're full of [bleep]. I doubt very seriously that your source is credible." As for Clooney and Hatcher's relationship, "I don't ask George about his private life," Rosenfeld sniffs.

Bennetts wrote: "After an elaborate courtship, Hatcher opened her heart to a handsome guy who convinced her that she was entering a magical new relationship, only to have him disappear as soon as she'd let down her guard. He charmed, he conquered, he said, 'I'll call you,' and - poof - he was gone."
Being "seduced and abandoned by a world-class Don Juan" left Hatcher "emotionally flayed, stripped of every protective covering until she [was] nothing but exposed nerve endings," Bennetts writes.
"She is so emotionally bereft, so overwhelmed with grief, that it can hurt just trying to watch her cope with it." "I have so much pain," Hatcher told VF. "I'm a woman who carries around all these layers of fear and vulnerability . . . Oh, my God, can you believe what a mess I am?"

Bennetts wrote: "After an elaborate courtship, Hatcher opened her heart to a handsome guy who convinced her that she was entering a magical new relationship, only to have him disappear as soon as she'd let down her guard. He charmed, he conquered, he said, 'I'll call you,' and - poof - he was gone."
Being "seduced and abandoned by a world-class Don Juan" left Hatcher "emotionally flayed, stripped of every protective covering until she [was] nothing but exposed nerve endings," Bennetts writes.
"She is so emotionally bereft, so overwhelmed with grief, that it can hurt just trying to watch her cope with it." "I have so much pain," Hatcher told VF. "I'm a woman who carries around all these layers of fear and vulnerability . . . Oh, my God, can you believe what a mess I am?"

This guy should start writing romance novels.

Oh she looks so traumatized from her alleged "molestation" you know posing nearly naked on magazine covers and on television, poor thing.

EDIT: I'm not implying she deserved it but it doesn't seem to effect her much by her actions now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Retro said:
Oh she looks so traumatized from her alleged "molestation" you know posing nearly naked on magazine covers and on television, poor thing.

EDIT: I'm not implying she deserved it but it doesn't seem to effect her much by her actions now.

Aren't you just chock-full of empathy :rolleyes: I would watch my karma if I were you. Your real karma, not tFS karma, just to be clear ...

I doubt dressing in full body armor would sell many magazines ... just guessing that that wasn't an option :innocent:

fashionista-ta said:
Aren't you just chock-full of empathy I would watch my karma if I were you. Your real karma, not tFS karma, just to be clear ...

I doubt dressing in full body armor would sell many magazines ... just guessing that that wasn't an option.

What I am chocked full of is reality, unlike yourself. Now take your empty threats and empathy some place else. :innocent:

Oh and as for the "full body armor" not selling magazine, is that how you legitimize scantly clad women on covers? Doesn't that objectify women? :rolleyes:

^ That wasn't a threat, it was a warning ... luckily the universe takes care of all that stuff so I don't have to ... :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I know quite a bit more about this than I'd like to, having had at least two good friends who had similar situations. The damage is all too real and the effects continue for a lifetime. Unfortunately you're the one whose ignorance is showing ...

Oh gawd this is getting off the point. I will say that 'Oh she looks so traumatized from her alleged "molestation" ' was fairly unfeeling.

I was about to pretty much say what Retro said. She worn a see through dress, because she didnt want people to ask her if she was wearing underwear!! OMG!!

This comes off as someone with very low self-esteem.

She should have reported this sooner...a life could have been saved.

^ yes. also, it's a bit hypocritical to talk about sexual molestation and then pose half naked in sheets.

lunabella said:
^ yes. also, it's a bit hypocritical to talk about sexual molestation and then pose half naked in sheets.

Maybe posing half naked makes her feel better, who knows, people are weird.

What's the big deal with posing naked/half naked? Am I the only one who does not see anything wrong with it?

Teri Hatcher's just...well, uninteresting. Big news she has no self-esteem, it's been quite obvious.

I dislike Teri Hatcher, but I feel sorry for her all the same. No one deserves to be sexually abused, and if posing provocatively helps her cope, then who are we to judge?

OT: That's such a terrible photograph- she looks so old :ninja:

George Clooney and Teri Hatcher???? :shock: NOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAY!
Whoa! WTF???? News to me!!!

Some women who are sexually abused as children become prudish, as a way of coping, some become extremely promiscious. Everyone reacts differently, and the mind is capable of doing some very strange things. While I think the cover picture was chosen by the editors to titillate all the pervs out there; I hope that none of the people criticizing Hatcher for her roles/photographs, or calling her abuse alleged just because her behavior doesn't fit into their narrow minded, self righteous view of what sexual abuse survivors SHOULD act like, never have to experience sexual abuse/assault themselves, or have it happen to their daughters, sisters, wives, or friends.

Unless you have personally been through it yourself you have NO IDEA what the hell you are talking about, and have NO RIGHT to judge how someone reacts to those circumstances or lives their life afterwards.

Well said Anastasia, karma for you. the literal and tfs kind. :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->