Hong Kong Shopping

I think there's a book "[SIZE=-1]Suzy Gershman's Born to Shop Hong Kong, Shanghai & Beijing" that I saw at the bookstore the other day. Has anyone got it? Feedback?

Its the best of its kind (on HK) I've seen so far. I might get it, I'm going back at the end of this yr, and might visit Shanghai/Beijing. Would've been better if the book was written by a local, but I guess it'll do.
[/SIZE]

I am looking for some elaborate stores that opened independently(by designers or...) or the local designers' stores in HK. Where do I find them? or
what regions do they usually assemble? thanks...

JessyNi said:
I am looking for some elaborate stores that opened independently(by designers or...) or the local designers' stores in HK. Where do I find them? or
what regions do they usually assemble? thanks...
The SoHo - Stanley Street and Elgin Street, and probably Lan Kwai Fong too.

I'm also going to Hong Kong at the end of this year ! Any sample sale schedules will be announce ?

I don't know about Sample Sales... but you're coming the end of the year.

Christmas shopping in Hong Kong is amazing. The crowd, the stuff and the efficiency in Hong Kong is great. :smile: You'll have so much fun. And the Christmas shopping is when all of the big department stores: Lane Crawford, Seibu have giant sales.

^ thanks for the info! looking forward to it..
but..
1. Does Lane Crawford have sale like 70% or more ? ? Because it's still overpriced to me, even if it's sale like 50% *im still 15 yrs old
2. Are the xmas sales in Hong Kong including Spring -Summer 06 collection ?

hmm, my fav would be:
makeup (they have quite a lot of intestting brand, esp good if you like pastels), food, and (gasp~) pads!!!

^ apparently they do, it is kinda like the season sale or somthing rite now... i go to near levis and they got like 50% off?!

Everwhere: huge summer sale. Huge Christmas sale. :flower:

At Lane Crawford and other giant department stores (Harvey Nichol, Seibu...), on the last week of the sale--there are usually 60-70% off sometimes, but if you want shoes--then you get all the freakish big sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Or freakish small sizes :rolleyes:

Lane Crawford shoe sales are the best. Up to 70% off designer shoes.. what more can a girl ask for? :D

My mum has work in HK March next year and I want to accompany her ... but will I be able to find my way around there alone? I lived there for 7 years but I don't speak Cantonese

^Of course you won't have a problem :wink:
HK is quite an easy place to navigate, and Cantonese isn't a must.
All workers there know English, even if it is very basic.

Thursday, October 11th 2007 - Noon-6.30pm
spacer.gif
London W1
spacer.gif
D Exterior www.d-exterior.com
Gerard Darel www.gerarddarel.com
Laundry www.laundrybyshellisegal.com
Manoush www.manoush.com
Nolita www.nolita.it
Rare www.flashandpartners.it
See by Chloe www.chloe.com
Sonia by Sonia Rykiel www.soniarykiel.com
Valentino RED www.valentino.it

Sizes: 8-14 plus accessories, menswear and childrenswear

Styling: Six rooms full of samples from an amazing range of collections. From jeans to evening wear and everything in between. For all the family, including the guys and the kids. Accessories too.

Payments: Credit cards for minimum spend of £150. Cash or cheque with guarantee card.

Have you guys heard of the store 2 Percent, theres one in TST, i went there last Christmas and loved it. Anyone know of it? Is it still around?

theres of two percents in HK and i believe theres one store in canada. address is...

4300 steeles ave. e unit e08 markham, ontario 13R-OY5 CANADA.

website is 2percenthk.com, they might have a phone number.

summer sale

does anybody know the schedule for the spring/summer 2008 sale season?

Does someone have adress of good vintage shops in HK ?

Does someone have adress of good vintage shops in HK ?

hi bulle, I suggest you to go Mong Kok for vintage shopping, but I only know the chinese name!! it pronouns like " mei chee" and it is located between Tung Choi Street and Argyle Street.
when you go there u can ask people where is the " women street/ladies's market" is , they will know where u want to go. those vintage stores is in very hided place
Mongkok_LadiesMarket.jpg

when u see this market , you are very close to "mei chee"!! "mei chee" is asides from these market tents. but i dont remember which way... sorry:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->