Hong Kong Shopping

u re so welcome and dont forget to share with us your personal shopping exp on hk :smile:

Any news on sales? I'm particularly interested whether Dries Van Noten, Lanvin, Prada, Burberry Prorsum, Joyce and Lane Crawford have started their sales.

Lane Crawford and Lanvin I know for sure have started their sales and pretty much everyone else has I'm sure.

Yeah but it's just initial reductions so far. Lanvin had selected items for 30% off I believe when I was there - Lane Crawford has stuff for 30-50% off but imho the selection isn't greaaat.

Thanks for the information. I'll be in HK on the 19th and hopefully I'd score some great items.

After looking around at all the usual places (Lane Crawford, Joyce, other high end stores etc) are there any places where one could recommend that the shopping is very unique to Hong Kong - ie stuff I wouldn't be able to get elsewhere? I heard there were some cute local designers in Soho, tried wandering around there and couldn't really find anything so I need some guidance!

Btw I went to the Joyce and Lane Crawford outlets at Ap Lei Chau. The stock was not bad, though I didn't buy anything and neither did my friends because of course as usual, what we wanted the sizes weren't there, and we were not in the market to buy HK$6000 Lanvin/Stella McCartney/Chloe dresses (and there was a really good variety too).

Last edited by a moderator:
have anyone been to "shine*"? I heard they carry many indie band but its quite pricey

Compared to prices in the states or online it's pretty pricey. Also, personally I didn't like how they merchandised the store, it's very difficult to look through and find what you want, or even to just shop in general.

Plus the buy selection wasn't really my style either.

^Were there lots of bags (for men and women) in the outlets stores of Joyce and Lane Crawford? How were the prices and what are brands available?

Anyway, for local brands, try going to the Silvercord Mall. That's right across Prada Harbour City, TST.

I'll be heading back to the homeland for the first time ever in April and everyone is telling me I'll have a fabulous time shopping.

Thing is I've read this thread and am already teeny bit scared lol. It seems like there's a lot of places to go and see.

Anymore suggestions for a first timer?
Also I wanted to know if it's cheaper to buy luxury brand bags there as oppose to buying them back home (Toronto)?

Thanks!!

For the outlets, there were bags but honestly nothing worthwhile - but that makes sense after all, all the decent bags would sell when they're reduced at the actual store!

Well in some instances it is cheaper to buy luxury bags in HK because there's no tax on luxury goods - however the exchange rate can make it really cheap, or the same, or more expensive, so you have to check. One thing good about HK is that since everyone here is crazy about brands and designer goods, there's a lot of stock and variety to choose from.

Thanks for the information! I'll make sure to update with all the goodies I'm gonna get to buy :D

Btw went to the vintage store Retrostone in post 41 - didn't like the women's selection much at all, but they had tons of leather jackets for men, from about HK$500-900 in price (a steal). My boyfriend picked up one with a hood for HK$650 - less than US$100, about AU$130.

I miss Hong Kong!! :( Might visit again this July, just right in time for the Summer sale!

:heart:My friend just got back from Hong Kong and bought me a really funky scarf:D

Btw went to the vintage store Retrostone in post 41 - didn't like the women's selection much at all, but they had tons of leather jackets for men, from about HK$500-900 in price (a steal). My boyfriend picked up one with a hood for HK$650 - less than US$100, about AU$130.

i know women's selection there is for teenager who wears size 0 :( very very small

Does any one know anything about slashed/cut label products in Hong Kong. There are currently multiple stores selling contemporary brands such as Paul and Joe, Chloe, Marc by Marc Jacobs for really cheap. Ive seen stores on Granville Rd and Johnston Rd. Are these products authentic? And are theyre more of these stores elsewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->