How do people in your town dress?

H

hepburn

What are the trends where you live? Do people dress pretty fashionable or are they afraid to take fashion risks?
How does your personal style differ from everyone elses?

I thought it would be cool to see how people feel about the style going on in their city/town/school, etc.

Got the idea from lookbook.nu, hope there isn't another thread like this already!:flower:

The 3 C's:

Coach
Crocs
Chico's

And I could add another C in there :innocent: You know what... :shifty:

Hahaha I think so ^_^

It's pretty much the same over here, except there's tons of Abercrombie/Hollister, Juicy, TNA (the bags...I get nightmares just thinking about how many girls had them when I was in high school), the list goes on.
If there's a huge label on it, people will wear it.
Then there are leggings as pants, don't get me started :lol:

You have to go to downtown Toronto to get some actual style and inspiration from the clothes.

Horribly!
I have never seen so many Ugg boots in 30 degrees centigrade before today.

Everyone wears Abercrombie or Jack Wills, Uggs, Leggings...it's so boring - I wish there was a place where all the tFSers could just go to live together in happy, fashionable bliss...

In my town people dress pretty casual, not fashionable at all. However if I go to the big city, it's a whole different thing I can actually find some people that dress in a more fashionable way.

Hepburn, you must be from Toronto, eh?

That's pretty much what people wear; A&F, Hollister, TNA. Big *** logos.
And Coach. I hate those wallet/wrist thing. People think they're hot stuff when they have one. Don't get me started on those Coach logo shoes.

But there are trendier people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hepburn, you must be from Toronto, eh?

That's pretty much what people wear; A&F, Hollister, TNA. Big *** logos.
And Coach. I hate those wallet/wrist thing. People think they're hot stuff when they have one. Don't get me started on those Coach logo shoes.

But there are trendier people.

I do! Well, about a 20 minute car ride away :smile:
I went out for my friends birthday on Saturday and literally everyone I was with had a coach wristlet thing. I was embarrassed for them, ugh

Love that 'eh' you threw in there haha

In my city, people dress pretty well, with the exception of the Juicy Couture tracksuit-UGG boot-Coach bag combo by many teenage girls :sick: but I think they are everywhere.
But for the most part, young women and men downtown around here are pretty stylish. During the winter is my favorite season for browsing streetstyle, especially at the University I go to. Trench coats, leather gloves, more and more men carrying briefcases, loafers, trousers, dark jeans, driver hats; for women I'm seeing more boots, dark jeans, simple dresses, high quality bags without the labels, sandals. Of course at the same time you have those who frequent Abercrombie and Forever 21 :doh: but usually I don't notice those.

South Beach: lots of T&A, orange tans, and flashy/obvious brand logos like Gucci, Juicy, Fendi, etc...

Horribly!
I have never seen so many Ugg boots in 30 degrees centigrade before today.

Everyone wears Abercrombie or Jack Wills, Uggs, Leggings...it's so boring - I wish there was a place where all the tFSers could just go to live together in happy, fashionable bliss...

Are Uggs seriously still in in London? Up where I live they had their moment (of course they weren't real Uggs) but now people have stopped wearing them completely it seems. . Not that I'm complaining whatsoever.

In my town everyone dresses like the nearest high street shop window. Cotton spandex from Primark seems to be flying off the shelves. I never see anyone whose clothes are worth noting in this town.

In my town lots of leggings with t-shirts that are too short :yuk:. A lot of sportswear etc. A few women with a nice summer dress with flip flops (it's 34 degrees today). But sadly not very fashionable.:cry:

leggings as trousers teamed with flat shoes,
jack wills hoodies, tees & bags etc.
im sure theres more but this is what i see alot of on a daily basis :(

That's easy:

Birkenstocks/Minnetonka's, skinny jeans, tank top, cardigan. This goes for about 80% of the girls in my town.

Mainly its typical high st fast fashion for most girls... although as the festival is on just now there is loads of dif styles going on which is nice to see... but as for the local girls tends to be the usual for the UK. Topshop, zara and H & M, with a light sprinkling of Gap, Dorithy Perkins and if they are pushing the boat out Monsoon... But not everyone is like that to be honest... that really is just my broad brush feeling on what I see. And there is nothing wrong with it really... it just would not be me as its just a bit unimaginative... you shop in the same shops each year and wear stuff that was couture a year ago and now high st! No real thought to their own style!

WSG x

There's a mix - the High Street Trendies, the Tracksuit Brigade, the Smart Business Types, the Bland and Borings and a few, but not nearly enough of the Original Indidividuals (of which I am one, of course)

Everyone dresses GENERIC... ugh, so boring.

summer:
denim shorts, gladiator sandals, fake chanel bags, trying to be trendy everything from high waist shorts to stilettos with jeans, bright sneakers, unflattering belts under the boobs, skinny jeans for the boys, graphic tshirts & spaghetti strap tanks.

Hahaha I think so ^_^

It's pretty much the same over here, except there's tons of Abercrombie/Hollister, Juicy, TNA (the bags...I get nightmares just thinking about how many girls had them when I was in high school), the list goes on.
If there's a huge label on it, people will wear it.
Then there are leggings as pants, don't get me started :lol:

You have to go to downtown Toronto to get some actual style and inspiration from the clothes.

mmm... this exactly!!! Oh god the TNA bags... someone gave one to me as a gift... let's just say someone else somewhere out there is making good use out of it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->