• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

How do you feel when strangers stare ? - questionaire

i forgot to say why i get mad: i think it is a lack of respect from their part. specially if they yell and the other thing is that the other day a guy at the subway was staring at me in a very creepy way. he followed me afterwords and i just had to run just in case!!

i like people to notice for the right reasons; they like a piece of my outfit or my general style. any other forms, i try to ignore because it is either someone being ignorant to individual style or a creepy stare. i have no time for that and i find it offensive. a look is a nice thing, a stare can be powerful for all the wrong reasons. i'm not glad to just be noticed, i have no desire to prove myself but i do show off my personality with my clothes and if other people do not like it, that is just something i have to face.

the only time i'd ever try to blend in would be going to the supermarket or the park on my own etc. i think there are times where you just need to dress down and blend in for the sake of comfort and your own safety..

do you hope to get stared at..? no i don't, because i don't know the reason for being stared at. if it was definitely for a good reason then i wouldn't mind!
do you love the attention..?? nope because usually i think people are probably staring for a bad reason!
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're i don't know!
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? well no i just walk how i naturally walk but people make comments about my walk all the time (usually girls)
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing too? yeah of course, good or bad. the town where i work has a lot of bad haha.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? sometimes. and if i feel self conscious or paranoid i really try to do this and it probably looks really bad and obvious that i feel self conscious!!
do you hate people looking at you? yes, unless i know for sure that it's for good reasons. otherwise i get freaked out that i must look fat/ugly/have a bad outfit that day!
do you wish you could just be invisible? most of the time, especially on bad days!
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? yes, kinda funny that
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? yep, especially if i am alone (if there's only me walking down the street i have nothing to do/no one to talk to/peoples focus will be on me and not other people - compared to if i was with friends, they would have others to look at walking past and not just me). i hate walking past still traffic!
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? all the time, i have BDD so i'm convinced that it's cos of a bad reason!
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...? well only if they didnt STOP staring or they were whispering to others, i would get soo paranoid and therefore angry! :|
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at?...see above.
or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it.... no i definitely notice it, usually cos i'm busy looking at others

i stare at people i find interesting (good/bad/good looking/not so good looking/stylish/not stylish) but it's not so much staring, more like glancing for a few seconds! because i know i hate being stared at myself. sometimes i look at other people because i have a really bad habit of comparing myself to others.

This happened to me over the weekend ... as usual I was taking the opportunity to wear a T-shirt with a progressive slogan, and I stopped by the frozen custard place a few neighborhoods away from mine.

You know how sometimes people wearing sunglasses think they can stare & you won't realize, or somehow it's OK? :rolleyes: Anyway, this woman, I guess her husband, 2 kids, and extremely unattractive nanny (I took it that was her primary qualification) were there, and the woman kept staring at me.

It bothered me not at all--I took it to mean she knows she's on the losing side of the debate ^_^ B)

do you hope to get stared at..? since i generally put thought into my outfits every day, yes
do you love the attention..?? yes, if it is positive attention. i am also secretly amused when i see people's faces transforming into a mask of confusion. some people have yelled slurs and/or threats at me, like "that makes me want to beat the sh!t out of you" on the subway this weekend, so i could do without that kind of attention.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? some people clearly do not think i am cool. others i can tell are probably appreciative.
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? i walk with confidence but don't strut
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? sometimes, if they are wearing great outfits.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? yes, sometimes i ignore everyone.
do you hate people looking at you? not usually
do you wish you could just be invisible? no
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? no
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? i rush from destination to destination to get there quicker, not to escape prying eyes.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? no
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... no
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? no

Last edited by a moderator:
do you hope to get stared at..? No. I'm not like "omg i'm going to wear this so everybody's going to look at me".
do you love the attention..?? If it's good attention then yes.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? No. But i love it when people are like "oh i love what he's wearing" :P
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? no but apparently i always look right in front of me and many people told me that before knowing me they thought i was a really haughty person
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? Look in the eyes no, check the outfits : all the time.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? :lol: of coooourse
do you hate people looking at you? no
do you wish you could just be invisible? no :smile:
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? I love to check out people and i don't care if they look at me
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? no :lol:
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? well, with the time, i learnt to forget it
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... :rofl: no
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? never.

Ugh, I just had the worst experience with this today. I was walking down a rather busy street that I live on and this older guy slows his car down, rolls down his window, and tells me "how good I look". I just ignored him and he actually pulled over and continued to harass me and then had the audacity to say that he didn't think what he was doing was wrong. It was by far the scariest encounter I had with a stranger, I still feel uneasy.. :unsure:

^Oh, that's awful! The same situation happened to me too and I believe to a lot of women.

I can't understand the nerve some men have to think it's okay to comment on a woman's body/look and that women should actually feel grateful for this kind of unwanted attention. It's just so wrong and scary too.

thats awful!
I mean how do you react to that?

I once ate at a restaurant in Paris and these two middle aged men walked by the window and saw me and then they came into the restaurant and harassed me and asked me to come to their house in st.tropez. I pretended to be Russian and ignored them. B)

I feel paranoid when people look at me. :lol:

i went to the funfair 2 days ago and i went on the trampoline thing that makes u bounce really high with a harness.... anyway i was bouncing and laughing when i noticed this disgusting man with a broom moustache was FILMING ME with his camera, he had this gross smile on his face. i just shouted 'NO, STOP FILMING ME! STOP IT!' and he eventually walked away. urgh it made me shudder

I am such a starer... Im often just looking at other peoples outfits and how they look... It's not them im intrested in it's their outfit! Im terrible when driving through town... I've so nearly crashed the car loads as im looking at people rather than the road ahead! Or love just sitting somewhere people watching with a coffee!

I must admit I stare and even snigger at times when I see someone who I deam rediculous... but even more so i will stare and look people up and down who act like they have style but in fact have none... I cnt believe some people go about the way they do its like they dont have a mirror...

I love the jealous stares you get by people who are looking at a nice item you have... handbags are like all the time with me... especially if the person staring has a fake... fake anything is so wrong!

Or yeh I even love the jealous stares or the disproving looks you get for wearing fur in the uk... Kinda like that it annoys some people enough to give me the evil eye... I just give it back, and sink into my fur feeling warm and lush!

God, I hate starers. The worst I've encountered is when waiting for a lift, then having to ride the lift with them, and they're just... staring... the whole time.

I feel so uncomfortable when people stare at me, even if it doesn't feel jealous or rude. I'm just not comfortable with it.

IME, most people will stare because they think I'm over-dressed or wearing something out there. Even though Boston is somewhat fashionable, not many people are fashion-forward here.

I don't usually get the rude stares.
I mostly get the, omg his outfit sort of stare.

I came back to my hometown after living in Scotland for a while, and stares here are awful... Like sometimes they are kind of flattering, but jealous looks from girls and nasty looks from men aren't nice at all... And when I show my legs it's as if I was the only person with legs here, like if there wasn't anything else to stare at in town!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->