How Often Do You Wear High Heels?

fab_fifties_fille said:
Get some scholl party feet...they're magic! I absolutely love wearing heels to go out...

I used these on Monday and they are absolutely brilliant aren't they? I had meetings and presentations all day, and wore my lovely (v high) black mary-janes. I put a fresh pair of party-feet in at lunch, and I swear my feet were fine at the end of the day.

In a previous post on this thread I'd said I didn't wear them at work due to being on my feet all day. I've since moved jobs and wear them almost all the time!!! yay, as I love them! I adore the curve of the shoe, the shape it makes your leg, the way I walk taller and more positively in them. They are an instant boost to my self-esteem. Kind of like putting make up on when you're feeling a bit under the weather makes you feel you're showing the world you can take it on and win.

Womanolo said:
I used these on Monday and they are absolutely brilliant aren't they? I had meetings and presentations all day, and wore my lovely (v high) black mary-janes. I put a fresh pair of party-feet in at lunch, and I swear my feet were fine at the end of the day.

In a previous post on this thread I'd said I didn't wear them at work due to being on my feet all day. I've since moved jobs and wear them almost all the time!!! yay, as I love them! I adore the curve of the shoe, the shape it makes your leg, the way I walk taller and more positively in them. They are an instant boost to my self-esteem. Kind of like putting make up on when you're feeling a bit under the weather makes you feel you're showing the world you can take it on and win.

would you please post a photo of those shoes?

^^ I promise I'll take a photo. I've been meaning to get the camera fixed, and I truly, truly mean to do it this weekend. I still haven't posted my Paddy and various other bits and bobs.

It wasn't the black MJs that make me feel marvelous etc - I meant high heels in general, including the black MJs. My current fave shoes are a pair I got on e-bay. They're a sort of bluey-grey colour, mary jane, wooden stack heel. (I seem to have a mary-jane thing going on here don't I!)

thanks! looking forward to seeing them. and would love to see your favorite pair too.

totally depends..

except for the beach i never wear flats
the height is what makes the difference though I wear sensible heels around the office (3+ inches) even higher ones if I go out in the evening.

I wear heels a lot - probably 4 out of 5 days a week in the office and then when I go out at night on the weekend. I'm really short and hate my legs so the heels really help to lengthen them!

i'm diminuitive, so i really have to face the fact that i'll look like a tiny midget wearing flats. or though, i do like them... i once saw these chanel ones, and i had an "impulse", so i just grabbed them. and i don't really wear them very much. what a waste of such pretty shoes.

I wear heels every Friday. My school requires you to wear business attire on Fridays (to get us "acclimated" to the working world). But I've fallen in love with heels and would wear them any other day of the week too if I had more than one pair!

As of lately I've been wearing heels 2-3 times a week. It is finally beginning to warm up here and my toes are dying to wear some peep toe heels!!

well since there is no snow for 5 months out of 12 i tend to use every good weather for wearing heels. sometimes it might be everyday and sometimes i might not wear them for two weeks. it really depends on the weather. maybe average is something like 4 times a week

i think i wear heels prob 3 days out of 5? sometimes they are more comfy walking around the city b/c the height balances you out whereas flats just make the bottom of my feet tired (that could be b/c of the way my feet are?!). am fine with it most days except for when i have to climb the escalator out of the subway every morning (my only form of exercise)...

I've never worn heels for longer than 5 mins. And that was for trying them on in the house.
I want to start wearing them this Summer but I'm afraid I will look ridiculous and that I can't walk in them. :shock:
Is 16 too young for heels, too? I mean I enjoy being a 5'3 shortie but I was considering wearing some heels for a night out, or something..

twilight fairy said:
I've never worn heels for longer than 5 mins. And that was for trying them on in the house.
I want to start wearing them this Summer but I'm afraid I will look ridiculous and that I can't walk in them. :shock:
Is 16 too young for heels, too? I mean I enjoy being a 5'3 shortie but I was considering wearing some heels for a night out, or something..
Nooo! Sixteen is definitely not too young to start wearing heels. I say start 'em young so that you're a pro by 18 ^_^

Let's see... practice practice practice.. (Believe me! I made the mistake of jumping into heels and running out the door when I wasn't quite used to them and by the end of the night I was ready to throw them off the Space Needle)

Start with a 3" heel and wear them around your house for about an hour. Just do that until you're comfortable, and then go for a higher pair. I always look for a heel that has some kind of support while still looking adorable (i.e. no stilettoes or strappy heels for this gal) You'll gradually get used to walking in them.. but make sure the shoe fits your foot. You shouldn't feel like you have lobsters clinging to your toes. And keep your posture straight. :lol:

I went to my friend Google a few months ago and read all about the "tricks" to wearing heels comfortably. Now I always stretch my toes before putting them on and usually put in some kind of cushioning gel.

Once you learn how to walk in them you'll be obsessed. But if you're a runner, just make sure to not go overboard.. okay, sorry for my high-heeled rant. Hope that helps, hunny..

(p.s. you should check out Rachel Bilson's heels... she's shorter but always looks adorable and comfortable in her shoes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bixby! I'd karma you but I need to spread some reputation. :(
But that was very helpful - thanks so much! :heart:

ya great tips bixby! wish i had someone to guide me through my first heel experience... :smile: i would just add that 2.5 to 3 inches are always the best for balance (though high they may sound, anything lower is kind of awkward). also, i love the return of the wedges since last yr because even though are really high, they are great to walk around in (as long as on even surface). so i would start with what bixby suggested and also try some cute summer espadrilles/wedge combination! work it girl!

today I wore 5" pumps to the office (last season versaces) because of an important meeting
I think they stole the thunder:D A couple people approached me and asked if I was in pain:P I was ok. since I walked around in them only a few hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->