Jacquemus - Designer

Im quite impressed in what he has established in 15 years. He has build a strong brand and has great ambitions. He is someone who has used his look, his connections and his way with Social Media to his advantage like no one else.

The false naïveté in his persona is something I’m less thrilled by but he is still someone to look for.
I’ve always said that and I will always say that but quality will be the main subject for him. I think he is someone who is very brand savy but it’s time to step up the game everywhere else.

Bravo! I can’t hate on this

it's not only the quality of his clothes. he is very limited in his approach to design clothes and his references are not deep and soulful, but attention grabbing and utterly shallow.

His versailles collection revealed his own limits as a designer in a very honest and ugly way. if these offerings would have been made of the very best quality with the very best skills and fabrics... they would still be a true abomination par exellence.

Well...no matter what happens, he will always have a viable alternative (onlyfans videos and pics)...

I mean. Jacques himself looks like my cousin. He has that Southern French look. So I dont see it. I just think that - unironically - its the fetishization of European features bc hes quite plain to me. Run of the mill Proveçal Frenchman to my eyes.

What exactly is going to be in that Soho store. Theyre going to be paying like 100k a month in rent so they better have everest sized piles of that little bag they sell.

Are they married ???

Also if i were famous i would never post anything about my personal life. Id be like janet jackson people would know years later.

Are they married ???

Also if i were famous i would never post anything about my personal life. Id be like janet jackson people would know years later.
yes married Jacquemus and Maestri reportedly started dating in May 2018. Alas, their relationship wasn't made official to the public until Jacquemus' fall/winter 2019-2020 show. Now, the couple has officially tied the knot as of August 28, 2022.

when you constantly put yourself and your wedding on your brand´s IG having kids is part of the communication of the Jacquemus lifestyle branding

the new Kardashian meets Ralph Laurent mix of lifestyle brand 101 be the personification of your brand

I read somewhere that he was branching into childrenswear…
So it will make sense in terms of story-telling too.

I think it’s great. Good for him and his family.
I’m not particularly fan of this type of exposure but at the same time, it’s quite generational and it would make sense for his community.
And it’s still a controversial subject anyway so I guess make it more public will make it more normal for people.

This thread is full of people who can't admit they are attracted to Simon.

I'll release the tension: Simon is a very handsome guy. Would love to make sxx with him.

Now about his brand, I think a beauty line and a perfume could be great moves. I can imagine a larger female (and male) audience buying into it.

He's hot but not hot enough to look past his useless fashion. He's so weird because he has a "vision" I guess in terms of setting but the clothing part of it (which is the whole point) is on par with every other person on social media that's obsessed with being famous, which shows he really doesn't have one besides what he sees in the mirror. He doesn't have any ideas or anything to say period besides the proclamation of wanting to be a "designer". Just literally look at and take in any of his collections besides maybe the first couple. They're devoid of anything but I remember once someone called it "directionless yapping" lol... which makes him... UGLY lol just kidding but he really is an unremarkable designer. Maybe marketing is his true calling. He'd be really good in that department at someone else's brand or something like that I think.

many people with strong vision have succeeded. Its a big part of fashion, others are just lucky to work with a strong atelier. Hedi for example is someone with a strong vision and a strong atelier to back him up. So the quality of his clothes are very good. Another one is Demna, he has a strong vision but not necessarily the best fashion offerings.

For an independent brand, i assume he doesnt have the resources that a brand like celine or balenciaga has. Yet he is up there and part of the conversation.

He's hot but not hot enough to look past his useless fashion. He's so weird because he has a "vision" I guess in terms of setting but the clothing part of it (which is the whole point) is on par with every other person on social media that's obsessed with being famous, which shows he really doesn't have one besides what he sees in the mirror. He doesn't have any ideas or anything to say period besides the proclamation of wanting to be a "designer". Just literally look at and take in any of his collections besides maybe the first couple. They're devoid of anything but I remember once someone called it "directionless yapping" lol... which makes him... UGLY lol just kidding but he really is an unremarkable designer. Maybe marketing is his true calling. He'd be really good in that department at someone else's brand or something like that I think.
He is a creative director.
He took fashion design probably because it is the obvious job and he was probably influenced by seeing people like Karl or Marc on TV but he could have been a creative director of anything.
It’s all about a story telling, a visual, an atmosphere, a mood…
Fashion is perfect for him because it’s the medium that allows him to have a 360 vision and create a world.

You know, it’s easy to detect a true designer from a CD. Designers are usually fabrics and cut geeks. And the more skilled they are, the more obsessed they becomes about it.
Even if it’s something as silly as designing the perfect tshirt…
Jacquemus has talent. It’s obvious. At least a visual talent coupled with a real understanding of the business of fashion.

I think about someone like Alexandre Mattiussi. He is technically a better designer, a pretty average story teller. If ever Jacquemus had the same technicality, he would have been even great.

There’s still something fragile with everything he has created.

I admire him for being able to convert his personal stories into a brand. From being a boy from the South and losing his mother at a young age. To visual stories that felt personal and direct to his young audience. His wedding alone is like a content for the brand. Jacquemus kids already exists so this will possibly become part of his narrative in the future. Kudos to him for letting it all out there.

However, I think I've mentioned before in this post somewhere. The business probably grew to its' full potential under him. Only one big store in Paris the rest are corners in department stores. No stores outside of France. So I guess the business mostly rely on wholesale activities. I remember there were some fiasco about people ordering from their site and it took months to be shipped. So the demand and hype "was" there but the brand wasn't able to catch it. And those kids that followed him 5-6 years ago a probably now in their first job or finishing uni. I wonder if they would be willing to spend on the brand. To me he already ticked many of the fashion boxes but I'm still waiting to see what's next for him and the brand. Perfume line contract? A new it bag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->