Jean Paul Gaultier x Simone Rocha

smug-wink.gif

Add Theyskens!!!
!!!!

if fashion's resident runt olivier rousteing, or quintessential nepo baby simone rocha, can be invited over other established legends that have been working for decades and proven their worth time after time... it speaks to how gaultier's taste has deteriorated over the years.
but we could have seen that from the last ten years of his career anyway...

Nicolas Di Felice is interesting…
I do not expect Gaultier to revive all TFS darlings because of Nostalgia…

I think what is interesting is to see who he has an eye on and what make sense for him. Galliano is already struggling to do Margiela at Margiela…Considering that Margiela comes from Gaultier, a Gaultier/Galliano collection is the last thing i would be excited about.

For me the only two that I would really love to see do a Gaultier couture would be Martin Margiela and Nicolas Ghesquière for the full circle moment.

I wish he would invited Junya Watanabe or Jun Takahashi.
He has called a free agent Haider Ackermann, so why not a free agent Riccardo Tisci.

Last edited:
Someone said the next collab is with Courrèges but I don’t know if there’s any truth to it.
Nicolas Di Felice is interesting…
If Di Felice is next, then the collection and the soundtrack will definitely be fire.
For me the only two that I would really love to see do a Gaultier couture would be Martin Margiela and Nicolas Ghesquière for the full circle moment.

I wish he would invited Junya Watanabe or Jun Takahashi.
He has called a free agent Haider Ackermann, so why not a free agent Riccardo Tisci.
We definitely need to see Margiela and Ghesquière's takes on Gaultier. Junya and Tisci would be interesting to see too. Takahashi, not so much.

All sounding a bit like H&M now. Spectacles. Marketing.
Is fashion in such a state that designers now moonlight for each other's brands? What good can be gained from this?

All sounding a bit like H&M now. Spectacles. Marketing.
Is fashion in such a state that designers now moonlight for each other's brands? What good can be gained from this?
haute couture in the modern age is and always has been about spectacle and marketing. chanel is probably the only house where which this age-old practice is actually very profitable. for everyone else, it's just image-making/building.

Guys, how about Frida and Stefano Pilati for Gaultier ??? Seem interesting

my wishlist includes pilati, tisci, burton, jeremy scott, morinaga or jonathan saunders just because i wanna see him in fashion again. JPG by Alessandro Michele will be interesting too

Guys, how about Frida and Stefano Pilati for Gaultier ??? Seem interesting
Frida Giannini? Really?
I don’t even think people in Paris remember her…
haute couture in the modern age is and always has been about spectacle and marketing. chanel is probably the only house where which this age-old practice is actually very profitable. for everyone else, it's just image-making/building.
Dior has been profitable for a long long time too. Even the crazy Galliano shows which were for image had a totally different reality in terms of clients. We see it today through those auctions with the modifications having nothing to do with the original designs.

Couture had a resurgence in the early 2010’s. Now brands are making money out of it and creativity is a bit lacking. Couture nowadays is a bit too clients focused without the touch of a Couturier. It’s more about providing a service in a way. What’s the difference between Elie Saab and MGC? It’s the same approach when it shouldn’t!

The prestige that Haute Couture adds to a fashion house is arguably worth much more than any temporary monetary losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->