Jennifer Aniston is cute but not beautiful, says Joan Collins

inhirnamy137

Reaction score
For almost sixty years she has been a screen siren and even now at 77 is still the picture of youthful glamour.
But in a scathing attack on modern stars Joan Collins has warned that the age of the classic Hollywood beauty is over.
The Dynasty actress said now the public were ‘starved of gorgeous people’ compared to the golden age of film which was dominated by beauties such as Audrey Hepburn, Ava Gardner and Grace Kelly.
She added: ‘When I was young, everybody on screen was gorgeous.
‘I have to say, there aren’t that many good looking actresses around today. I mean, there’s Angelina Jolie and there’s... Angelina Jolie.
‘Jennifer Aniston is cute, but I wouldn’t call her beautiful. She’s no Ava [Gardner] or Lana [Turner].’
Miss Collins also suggested that part of Cheryl Cole’s success and transformation into the nation’s sweetheart is down to the fact she is beautiful.
‘I think that is why Cheryl Cole is so popular, because she is just so pretty and the public are starved of gorgeous people,’ she told Hello! magazine.
Miss Collins said that in her youth stars also made more effort with their appearance and looked far more glamorous and stylish than the modern crop of actresses.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...niston-just-cute-beautiful.html#ixzz12AjBE2S7

b*tch please, joan collins WISHES she could be as beautiful as Jen aniston
all of these kinda things are cyclical anyway i actually feel that right now we are more interested in newness and youth in the movies over classic beauty ie : twilight saga

‘I have to say, there aren’t that many good looking actresses around today. I mean, there’s Angelina Jolie and there’s... Angelina Jolie.
Never have truer words been spoken. I honestly can't think of any gorgeous actresses today, other than Angelina. There's Angelina and there's...Angelina.

There's also Catherine Zeta Jones. But she hardly appears in movies that much these days.

And Joan was totally being polite when she said Jennifer is "cute". Jennifer looks more like a man than a woman tbh.

Is this even debatable? Probably more than half of the women who post on this site are more beautiful than Aniston.

Back in the day, a woman who looked like Snejana, Edita, etc. would be in films; now they're models first and then occasionally make the transition. It's not that beautiful women don't exist anymore.

By the way, I'd take Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct over a good number of "Golden Age beauties".

yeah its true.. there aren't many GORGEOUS actresses.

There is Diane Kruger, Charlize Theron, Halle Barry, Nicole Kidman (in maybe her pre-botox days)... that is all i can think of off the top of my head

I think Kim Stewart was onto something when she called Aniston "homely" but of course she had no right to speak.

There are people who don't think Angelina Joile is beautiful; there are people who don't think Jennifer Aniston is cute. So what?:rolleyes:

^ *raises hand* :lol:.. I don't find Angelia beautiful, or Jennifer 'cute' and I think Golden Age actresses had lighting and beauty trends on their side. Sure some of them were exceptionally good-looking but others just look close to that in retrospective only.. Joan Collins being one of them.

Good for Joan making it back to headlines for stating the obvious though, and for making such an anti-feminist comment proper of her generation. Gotta miss the 50s. :heart:

I'm going to have to agree with Joan. I've never thought Jennifer was particularly attractive. Why was she even brought up? She doesn't even qualify as a movie star IMO.

I think there were many gorgeous women in the Golden Age, but one of the things that made them seem so beautiful was the air of mystery they all managed to maintain. They didn't have things like paparazzi back then, so celebrities didn't have to worry about being photographed without makeup or have their personal lives published in the press. This helped them maintain that illusion of non-stop glamour and perfection.

There are many beautiful actresses today, but only a small few have managed to stay under the radar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jennifer was pretty in her Friends days, but now, she just looks ok-ish. And I'm quite a fan of her :lol:

Whilst I agree that Aniston isn't beautiful in the slightest, citing 'beautiful' Cheryl Cole as a throwback to the Golden Age actresses is asinine. I'm afraid the words beautiful and Cheryl Cole can't be uttered in the same breath, IMO. To be honest, I don't see where Joan is coming from. There's no dearth of beautiful faces in Hollywood. There's Angelina, of course, though she's more unconventionally beautiful than classically so like the Golden Age actresses. Then there's Rachel Weisz, Cate Blanchett, Eva Green, Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman et al. So I wouldn't say that there aren't many good looking actresses around, though it is true that there aren't that many beautiful actresses below 30. There's Scarlett Johansson, and Megan Fox is definitely sexy (even if not beautiful) but barring these two, the rest don't hold a candle to the true Hollywood beauties. I find models to be infinitely more beautiful than many actresses. Toni Garrn, Jessica Stam, Snejana et al blow Emma Stone, Kirsten Stewart, Carey Mulligan, Kirsten Dunst and the rest of their ilk out of the water.

I don't think Jen Aniston is beautiful, but that's just a personal opinion as for her acting skills I don't think she's amazing, but she's not terrible. I think it's a good thing that ppl with a so called unconvetional beauty is features on screen, and for the old Hollywood stars many of them looked a like IMO, they al basically wore the same makeup, had the same hair style and wore the same clothes :innocent:

I've always thought Jen Aniston was more 'cute' than 'beautiful', too. However she does look great now for her age and there is just something about her, so to me she is beautiful in a way.
Angelina I don't find beautiful. I used to like her back in her Hackers-days, when she had the short hair and was edgy and cool, but never did I think she was classically beautiful.

But I still don't get what the point is of Joan Collins' statement is. Is it not ok to have a variety of types in Hollwood? I appreciate that there are clasically beautiful women (personally I'd count Jessica Lowndes, Catherine Zeta Jones and Charlize Theron amongst others to that category) as well as the cute ones (like Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts, etc.) and the ones that aren't conventionally beautiful at all but still make great actresses (Meryl Streep, Renée Zellweger, etc). They can't all look like Grace Kelly. Especially since there's a much bigger range of roles offered to women these days. There's not just the wife / girlfriend part to play these days, women have leading roles and play in action movies and all, there's bound to be more than one type of women in Hollywood now.

I agree with what Joan Collins says, it's what I have always thought.

I don't have anything against Jen (well I gotta admit that I find her kind of boring on screen most of the times), but I just never thought of her as someone beautiful.

I guess it's neither here nor there then, whether or not actresses can actually, you know, act.

I guess it's neither here nor there then, whether or not actresses can actually, you know, act.
Nah not really, it's all about how they look:lol::lol::lol: .
It doesn't matter if you fit perfectly in in Joan Collins's beauty image, if you can't act you shouldn't be on screen IMO:innocent: (it sounds a bit mean maybe, but I don't mean to be rude..:D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->