Jill Stuart F/W 07.08 : Lindsay Lohan by Mario Sorrenti

alix*

coffee&tv
Reaction score
05230757lj6.jpg

wwd said:
NEW FACE: Lindsay Lohan might usually be seen in Gucci, Chanel or Prada, but come fall, she'll be hawking a whole new label: Jill Stuart.

The contemporary sportswear designer has snagged Lohan to be the face of its print ad campaign, which will hit August magazines and run through November. The campaign marks the first time Jill Stuart has chosen a celebrity for her ads.

"I can't say enough fantastic things about Lindsay," Stuart said of her choice to go with the starlet rather than a model. "She is sexy and smart, exactly what the Jill Stuart woman embodies."

The campaign, which was shot in Tokyo by Mario Sorrenti, showcases Lohan in a series of black-and-white images modeling products from the entire Jill Stuart assortment from the higher-end Jill Stuart line, the Jill by Jill Stuart collection and the handbags, which will launch in 100 department and specialty stores in June, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom. The ads showcase Lohan in a sensual state, as in one where she is in a bed, hugging the Emelle tote in black patent leather and wearing nothing much more than a sequin miniskirt.

"[Lindsay] resonates with the contemporary consumer on many levels," said Tim Schifter, chairman and chief executive officer of Schifter + Partners, the accessories firm that holds the license for Jill Stuart handbags and small leather goods. "Mario's photographs capture Lindsay's sensual beauty and Jill's modern fashion, and his choice of black and white adds glamour and intrigue to the images." — Julee Greenberg

from wwd.

No sir. I don't like it. Perhaps the rest of the campaign will be better but as it stands this image does nothing for me. I see no glamour or intrigue. Shame since Lindsay is an eye-catching girl or at least she can be.

I prefer her Miu Miu ads to this and I didn't quite like those.

What? Lindsay Lohan ? Miu Miu and now Jill Stuart? after all those 'reputation'? I cant believe it. And did Stuart really say that she was SMART?

Well, even if the model wasnt Lindsay, The ad is boring and unattractive nonetheless...The hair's so unnatural and it looks like she's holding a pillow or something.

its not that bad, jil started gemmas career...
Exactly does Lindsay's career need to be lengthened, shes already everywhere. Terrible advert aswell, looks like a bad copy of Kates Longchamp ads.

she actually looks really good...i hope they put some cute dresses in the other ads though...

Thank God a bag is there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly does Lindsay's career need to be lengthened, shes already everywhere. Terrible advert aswell, looks like a bad copy of Kates Longchamp ads.

Kate's Longchamp ads came to my mind too when I saw these....bad copy indeed, Lindsay looks like a child with bad pagent hair.. terrible!

Its a bad hybrid of Kate's Longchamp ads and Gemma's Dior ones from last season. This looks like that bastard child of those two adverts. I'm not a Lohan fan, and a lot of it is a personal thing, but there's just nothing special about her in my eyes. Her face looks wrecked there...or squinty...

he hair looks terrible and that bag is ugly/too big imo...

they should have been able to do MUCH better imo...

mario---come ON!!!...
i know is just a silly little money job, but you should be able to do better than this without much effort!

While I personally don't dislike Lindsay, I don't like these ads. And it's not just her - I've never liked Jil Stuart to begin with, so... o_O

The ad is actually not that bad, but it would have been so much better if it was a model, imagine Gemma, that would be great!

Lindsay looks tacky as always.. but I kinda like it.

What a bad shot. This ad has been done a hundred times already, so you'd think they'd at least put some effort into making her look good. Then it would've been "just" boring. Now it's actually ugly. :doh:

I know Linsday loves Kate but they look so similar to Kate's Longchamp campaign.

Booo. I thought Hohan was just supposed to do the new couture collection?

Oh well. Let's hope this particular ad's the worst of the bunch. :neutral:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->