John Galliano - Designer, Creative Director of Maison Margiela

i suppose the next few months will be crucial in determining how likely it is that john extends his contract... we should know by october at the latest. ten years is quite long in fashion time, and i think he's said all that he has to say at the house imo

Maybe it's the flash but Kim's outfit looks hideous in that photo with John. They should have stained and aged it.

Anna pulled all her strings now!
Renzo Rosso must be the happiest man in the work. The representation of his brands compared to what they are economically is so insane!

I guess no client bought the collection? I feel like I have seen a look on the RC every week.

i don't think that's a good thing :rofl:
You want John to go to Givenchy? Best believe that Renzo is going to fight for both John and Francesco to stay at his brands. He already appointed his son as the CEO of Marni lol.
Unless Anna supports someone else for the Margiela position.

You want John to go to Givenchy?
i definitely do. this year i've grown really tired of his margiela and i think givenchy - being dior-lite - would suit him like a glove. i'm not sure if john is a 'follow the money' kind of designer but if he is, he'll definitely take up LVMH's offer (if he's even offered it). i just can't help feel like the noise has gotten too loud and that there may be some truth to industry murmurings.

From the brouhaha around the couture show>>>>to the documentary>>>>to dominating the MET red carpet.

I'm now convinced there are forces working behind the scenes here, it all seems very calculated especially when one considers that despite all the social media hype, the work isn't really relevant to the current fashion conversation. I'm as keen as you all are to see what it all culminates in. A retrospective exhibition? A new CD gig? We will see, but I'd say something's definitely brewing.

From the brouhaha around the couture show>>>>to the documentary>>>>to dominating the MET red carpet.

I'm now convinced there are forces working behind the scenes here, it all seems very calculated especially when one considers that despite all the social media hype, the work isn't really relevant to the current fashion conversation. I'm as keen as you all are to see what it all culminates in. A retrospective exhibition? A new CD gig? We will see, but I'd say something's definitely brewing.
I think there's just one major force trying to make it happen...and quite blatantly too. Surprisingly Anna was clever enough not to wear Margiela/Galliano herself.

Ha, I had a hunch on what happened behind the scenes and came to this thread - basically agreed with most above.
From what happens on campus nowadays, there is also a counter culture/rebellion side of it. Is John forgiven? I'm not sure, but I feel like if Anna needs one chance, this is it.
To fashion and fashion alone, this may not be a bad thing. Look at the offerings on runway and on store shelves...we need real beauty, not synthetic Chanel logo shirts that look just like Zara except for the CC...

Quite surprising not a a word from John about the dress he doesnt even bother , I guess that make clear his relationship with Anna & the magazine now. Usually the celebrity would model the dress and the designer explain the work all around it , I guess Kim had to do all the work

Quite surprising not a a word from John about the dress he doesnt even bother , I guess that make clear his relationship with Anna & the magazine now. Usually the celebrity would model the dress and the designer explain the work all around it , I guess Kim had to do all the work
Check Chamberlain one on her Gaultier look. Jean Paul was not even present, it was on her and her "stylist" and Gaultier team just did their work

Check Chamberlain one on her Gaultier look. Jean Paul was not even present, it was on her and her "stylist" and Gaultier team just did their work
Yes but John was present that's what I meant making couples apparitions , why not let him tell us how and where came the inspiration , the making process etc

Normally a designer like John Galliano doesn’t allow cameras to one of his fittings. They usually send the teams. So he made a huge favor because it’s Vogue and Anna.

That doesn't surprise me, really. More people probably clicked on the video for Kimberly than they did for John. But what caught my attention the most in this video is Kim talking about how much she wanted to get to know John and spend time with him and ''do him so much more justice, because I just know the human being that he is''... Perhaps it's just the topic of the documentary still swirling around in my mind, but it felt like an odd thing to say. And in this context especially feels like they're working overtime to rebuild his image in our minds (which feels pointless, cause it's obvious that the world is still largely in love with John and will embrace whatever it is that they're preparing us for).

And in this context especially feels like they're working overtime to rebuild his image in our minds (which feels pointless, cause it's obvious that the world is still largely in love with John and will embrace whatever it is that they're preparing us for).
streets are saying givenchy but apparently also celine which is... worrying. even him returning to dior would shock me less than him going to celine.

I wonder how much Renzo Rosso paid to have all those celebs in Margiela/ Marni /Diesel:
Kim Kardashian, Zendaya, Bad Bunny, Nicki Minaj, Rita Ora, Charlie XCX, Kylie Minogue...

Clearly OTB dominated the night...unlike LVMH, Kering or PUIG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->