Juicy Couture S/S 2013 : Candice, Isabeli, Natasha by Inez and Vinoodh

jj36

Reaction score
PIN UPS: Juicy Couture’s spring advertising campaign pays homage to the modern-day pin-up girl. Continuing its creative partnership with photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, the campaign features models Candice Swanepoel, Isabeli Fontana and Nastasha Poly set against Los Angeles scenery. The ads were styled by Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele and represent Malibu Girl, Sailor Girl and Glamour Girl. The company also produced a fashion film, conceptualized by van Lamsweerde and Matadin, which is an extension of the print campaign. LeAnn Nealz, president and chief creative officer, described the films as “the fastest method to reach our growing international audience.”
The print ads will break in the March issues of Vogue, Teen Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle and InStyle, and will appear on digital outlets such as Style.com, Who What Wear, Fashionista and Refinery 29.
source: WWD
memo-juicy-couture.jpg

I don't get it, how is this "set against Los Angeles scenery"? She's clearly photoshopped into a random photo of palm leaves, what is she even standing/sitting/lying on? :blink: Is that what's supposed to make this look pin-up? It looks really bad, doesn't even look like I&V's work. Maybe the other shots will be better, I dislike this.

I Hate the fake backround

It's very fitting for their brand: over the top + fake. Let's see the rest.

Candice looks sweet, but what a lame photoshop job of placing her up in the palm tree. Totally fake and cheesy.

i like the background it's so fake but it looks cool!

So the background is supposed to look fake...

Extremely tacky and very bad cast. FAIL.

All three of them look AMAZING. I can't even deny that. I don't even mind the intentionally fake background, but that shadow effect around each body is awful.

It's reached the stage where the 'creative minds' behind these bright ideas don't even pretend to have made an effort anymore.

Speaking generally, with the photoshopped rubbish that gets put out by the fashion industry, you'd wonder that soon someone's going to go dogme and make a big stand about going back to more traditional methods of image-making.

I dont really get the concept at all.
Are they supposed to look lying on the fake background or up and its just very messy and I loved how efortless the back campaigns by Meisel looked, this is just ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->