Juicy Couture S/S 2014:Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Emily DiDonato by Inez & Vinoodh

LRlovesDaria

Reaction score
CAR CULTURE: Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin shot the spring campaign for Juicy Couture featuring models Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Emily DiDonato. The ads were styled by Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele and were photographed in Venice Beach, a nod to the brand’s California roots.

The “Juicy Riders” campaign embraces Los Angeles car culture and the allure of the California girl. The girls show off the gingham, florals, cheetah prints and stripes of the spring collection, which also includes bold prints, graphics and punches of color.

Juicy Couture used Snapchat as a platform to preview the "Juicy Riders" story in November, becoming the first brand to use the app’s new feature, Snapchat Stories, to tell the tale of their spring campaign. Unlike regular snaps which disappear upon view, Snapchat Stories live for 24 hours. Fans of the brand can follow “a day in the life” of the talent throughout the shoot. Behind-the-scene images will also be available, when the campaign breaks online at juicycouture.com on Feb. 3.

The spring ad budget is equal to a year ago, encompassing print, out-of-home and digital media. Print ads will also appear in the March issues of Vogue, Teen Vogue, Elle and InStyle. In digital, the ads will appear on WhoWhatWear.com, Refinery29.com and Glam.com, starting Feb. 3.

In October, Fifth & Pacific Co. Inc. sold the intellectual property assets of Juicy Couture to Authentic Brands Group for $195 million. As part of the deal, F&P entered into a short-term licensing agreement with ABG that runs through the end of 2014. F&P will continue to operate Juicy retail stores through June.

wwd

I actually really like this. Emily and Rosie compliment each other really well and I like the Venice Beach background. <3

Tacky. But it fits the brand so well.

Looks like the images haven't been processed yet. The shots at the beach looks really amateur.

I love it! The shots in the car are my favourite. They remind me of an editorial they did for Harper's Bazaar 12 years ago (wow I'm getting old).

I'm always gonna laugh when I see a Juicy tracksuit but that aside, as far as the brand goes this is quite cute

I don't expect much from Juicy Couture and these shots don't change my opinion one bit. Looks like Inez & Vinoodh snapped one shot for each outfit and there's the campaign! No fuss, but a hot mess.

You have two fresh, young models and give them 60 year old women styling.

Why can't they just hire older models

Great campaign, totally Juicy! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->