kanye-west-louis-vuitton-highsnobiety-photoshoot-1.jpg
kanye-west-louis-vuitton-highsnobiety-photoshoot-2.jpg
kanye-west-louis-vuitton-highsnobiety-photoshoot-4.jpg
kanye-west-louis-vuitton-highsnobiety-photoshoot-3.jpg
kanye-west-louis-vuitton-highsnobiety-photoshoot-5.jpg

Kanye West x Louis Vuitton Footwear Photoshoot
Hip-Hop Visionary Meets Fashion
By David Fischer, posted on 23 June 2009

By now, most of you have seen the line-up of sneakers created by Kanye West for Louis Vuitton. Opinions vary on the outcome of the collection. We've always compared the line to what Louis Vuitton has done in the past with sneakers, and think the Kanye West collection beats those efforts by leaps and bounds. Just like in the regular sneaker game, some people like it more colorful, others like it more subtle, and this line-up offers something for both tastes. Personally, we prefer the tonal high tops. We also had the chance to field test them and can tell you that quality and fabrication are very much on point, as to be expected from Louis Vuitton.

Having worked recently with Nike on the Air Yeezy, the LV collection is the second major sneaker project by Kanye West. Take a step back and think about what is happening here - we see collaborations all the time with boutiques, brands, artists and other creative fields. How many times can the colors and the materials on the same shoe silhouette be changed and still look new and different from the hundreds of releases we see every year? Kanye West got to design his very own silhouettes in both cases, probably the most impressive part about these projects.

With the Kanye West x Louis Vuitton sneakers releasing worldwide in the coming weeks, we wanted to do something out of the ordinary with the footwear Louis Vuitton gladly lent us for this special shoot. We teamed up with German photographer Daniela Muller-Brunke to shine some new light onto the Kanye West x Louis Vuitton collection. To give you some background on the shoot, we used the iconic LV symbols and projected them in different colors onto the background of the sneaker, with the outcome being a psychedelic mix of fading colors. Hopefully you like it.
source: highsnobiety.com

They look like old school reeboks/adidas mixed into KW for LV sneakers, I don't like them not because he's a douche bag, I just don't like them.

I read on Perez that the release of these was going to be pushed back due to the economy...I take that with a grain of salt though. Unfortunately I am not a fan...the only ones that are bearable are the all white and all black ones. I'd honestly rather get a pair of Nike dunks!!

i think the people who buy these are not looking at aesthetics as the dominating characteristic..

they just want a piece of that kanye mystique...
and the sort of showiness that goes along with Louis Vuitton...

what are the price points for these?

they're definitely targeting an urban market with lots of disposable income...
like rap stars :innocent:

i'd rather buy another pair of dunks too iLC

i believe the launch was not pushed back and they're already all sold out.

i forget where i read that though...maybe nitro.

:shock:?!?!
why?
the last one looks furry and the one with the pink platform

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my god. i cannot believe that... i wouldn't buy those... but i guess the higher income urban market would. good thinking but LV???? seriously?? wow.

The pink platform one and the first and last ones are somewhere between $990 and $1140 USD, and the middle two are between $870 and $960 USD. I think that's from the Cut. I know they're already sold out, but I can't say I'm a fan.

$1140 USD? for that? You can call me cheap.
I would rather spend that money on something else.

I hate them. And even if I liked them I would never ever pay a grand for sneakers... :innocent:

But I can imagine they're sold out, I mean stick his name on a box of dog **** and it'll cause enough hype to sell out....

I still can't believe why GQ named Kanye West and Justin Timberlake as one of "The Most Stylish Men". But oh well, why on earth should someone take a style advice from GQ.

^Completely agree. Kanye's shoes are ridiculous and heinous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->