Kelly Mittendorf

kelly at her best
probably my fav ed :heart:

cry.

rikako-nagashima.com

She is not only unique and impeccable looking, but also the most intelligent and inspiring model in terms of texts she writes.

Kelly Mittendorf Sits for Steffen Schraut’s Fall 2014 Ads by Alexx and Anton

Sitting Pretty–Launching its fall-winter 2014 campaign, Steffen Schraut enlists Kelly Mittendorf for its new advertisements. Last season Alexx and Anton photographed Codie Young for the brand in the studio, but this time around, Kelly poses in furs, leather and houndstooth–all while sitting pretty in pattern-decorated chairs. / Hair and makeup by Jochen Pahs, Casting by Juergen Schabes

fashion gone rogue

"Angelic" for Schön! #25

Photographer: Jens Langkjaer
Stylist: Verity Parker
Hair: Teiji Utsumi
Make-up: Nami Yoshida for The Book Agency (London)

Model: Kelly Mittendorf

Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com

by markus ziegler

markusziegler.com, instagran:misscharlietaylor

VOGUE.COM

How I Was Discovered: Model Kelly Mittendorf Booked a Prada Campaign Before Graduating High School

Via telephone from Los Angeles, Kelly Mittendorf is friendly and lighthearted as she talks about her college major and Biology 101 prerequisite class. In person she’s all feline ferocity and razor cheekbones, a distinctive look that landed her a Prada campaign at only sixteen years old. But before she was being shot by Steven Meisel and closing shows for the likes of Marc Jacobs, Mittendorf was an Arizona teen who never really fit into the high school scene (good thing she received her first campaign call during math class—it ended up being her last day). Here, Mittendorf talks about being discovered by the pool, leaving school, and never looking back.

I grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona. It’s a tight-knit community. Everyone has been really supportive [of my career]. I don’t look like typical models that the people in my town are used to seeing or their fantasized version of a model—I’m not blonde or super bubbly. In a way, it kind of opens people up to different facets of the industry.

I was discovered in Phoenix at a resort swimming pool when I was eleven. I was goofing around and being quite reckless so someone approached my parents and said, “If your daughter is a model you have to be more careful and look out for her.” The woman ended up being a scout. It was kind of crazy. I didn’t sign to an agency when I was eleven, because although models start young, I was a little too young. I ended up signing to a New York agency when I was sixteen.

For me, high school was like that scene in Mean Girls when they go around and describe the different lunch tables. I’d probably be one of the wallflowers because I’m awkward. I got along with people but I didn’t have one group of friends. I knew that high school wasn’t the end of the world and that it was a couple years of your life that you have to move past.

One day, I was in math class and my mom called and said “Kelly, you just booked a Prada campaign.” I said, “I don’t believe you! That doesn’t happen! You’re horrible!” I started crying. My mom picked me up, and that was my last day of school. Before then, I was a normal kid in school in Arizona.

As for the Prada campaign, the whole experience was really amazing. It was Steven Meisel and Pat McGrath. It was really crazy but nice where everyone knew each other so well, and there was this understanding that we were young girls. It was pretty much the first time that any of us were doing anything and they made it really fun and easy.

Since then, there have been lots of good moments. My first season, I closed the Marc Jacobs show, which was really cool because he is amazing to work with. Also, I’ve gotten to travel to places that I’ve always wanted to go to but I never knew anything about.

Right now, I’m studying mass communication and media studies at Arizona State University. I’m also looking into studying forensic accounting. It is something that my grandfather introduced me to. You have to go to court and present cases—it is kind of crazy. But I love my job as a model and all the people I get to work with in fashion. I’d like to explore different aspects of the industry before I jump into something a little bit more normal, like a 9 to 5.

Beauty Rebel Magazine Fall 2014
Photographer: Sebastian Mun
Stylist: Jules Wood
Hair & Makeup: Sergio Corvacho

models

"Mood Swing" for Elle Malaysia October 2014

Photographer: Jack Waterlot
Stylist: Amy Mach
Hair: Gareth Bromell
Make-up: Stefanie Willmann for See Management
Manicure: Emi Kudo for Opus Beauty (Los Angeles)

Model: Kelly Mittendorf

Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com

The Beauty Rebel cover is so raw and beautiful! And she looks great as a redhead for Elle Malaysia!

Here´s what she has to say about The Fashion Spot:

TFS stands for “The Fashion Spot” and is meant to be a forum to discuss fashion. It is made up of a “elite” grouping of fashion insiders because you have to be invited in to join to be able to post comments. However, everyone can see it. And in my opinion, it’s a harmful gossip column of 7th grade girls. Certain topics such as weight are prohibited from being discussed, but come on. It’s all out there. Everyone is very critical and very blazon and disrespectful.

kmitt.tumblr.com/post/98869389832/whats-tfs-and-whats-so-bad-about-it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->