Kelly Mittendorf

I wasn't really for or against Kelly when she first burst onto the scene, though now I would really love to see her working shows, campaigns and editorials.

A face like that needs to be seen.

Kelly's looks are like those of a teenage Kate Moss mixed with Dianne Wiest in the best way.

Plus she's a lot more photogenic than (the poor man's Kelly) Hollie May Saker, who seems to be doing okay at present.

Creem Mag, Issue 13

Photographer: Morgan Miller

source: morganmillerphoto.com

A.L.C. - F/W 2015

source: style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Turkey April 2015 :crush:
Ph. Kerry Dean

visualopotimism.blogspot.se

Kelly was featured at HungerTV's "Meet the Model"

Kelly Mittendorf’s first modelling job was a Prada campaign shot by Steven Meisel with makeup by Pat McGrath at the tender age of 16. Casual. Since then the Arizonian teen has walked for the biggest names in the fashion and shot for countless magazines including Vogue Italia, V Magazine, Dazed & Confused, and i-D. We caught up with the Elite model and unique beauty to discuss balancing her career with school, personal style and down time.

If you weren't a model what would you be doing otherwise? Are you still juggling studies?
I’d be in my Junior year of Uni, which is when most of my friends travel abroad. So I’d hope imaginary non-model me would be getting lost right about now somewhere. I’m still juggling studies; I go to a school from my hometown but take my courses online. I study Communications, English and French.

You are constantly on the go and travelling for campaigns, shoots and shows. Where's the most impressive place you've visited recently?
Last year I got to go to some really unique places, Morocco and Shanghai being my favorite because they really felt once-in-a-lifetime. I love going to LA for jobs and have been going a lot lately. I always try and stay a few extra days and get some beach time in.

A lot of the biggest models now are dipping their toes into other talents. Has modelling opened other doors for you? If so where would you like to take your career next?
I think it’s about time models have a stage to prove themselves to be multi-talented and driven individuals, not just pretty faces. I’ve always liked documenting my travels with Polaroids and am really into social media. Transitioning into being a brand strategist would be interesting.

What would be your advice to your younger self or a nervous new face?
“Chill, bro.” Fashion’s a really intimidating world at 16, but as a model you’re not really in control of anything, so sit back and have a little fun.

How would you describe your style and has your job influenced the way you dress?
My style’s always changing. I’ve started liking masculine pieces more; trousers, button downs, men’s jeans with dainty ballet flats. It’s made me more open to trying different things and being comfortable if it’s not “perfect”.

What’s your career highlight to date?
Either finding out about booking a Prada campaign, or finding out I was closing the Marc Jacobs show my first season. Both were really unexpected.

Your job has evidently given you the opportunity to do amazing things and see amazing places. What else is still on your bucket list?
I really want to go sky-diving and visit all seven continents in a year.

When you get back home what's the first thing you do?
Plop down, face first, on the couch.

What are you listening to at the moment?
Chet Faker, the Black Keys, Flume, Poliça, Alt J, Good Summertime Vibes…

Can you tell us a secret?
My name hasn’t always been Kelly.

source: hungertv

flair germany, may 2015
photographer: kerry dean
stylist: alexandra carl
hair and make-up: elie maalouf

visualoptimism.blogspot

Last edited by a moderator:
Dujour F/W 2015

Photographer: Cedric Buchet
Styling: Anne Christensen

source: dujour

So strong, KM photographs like a dream. Such a muse.

she quits modeling.
After six wonderful years as a full time model, I have made the decision to take a step away from the industry. While I have not lost any of my wonderful agents, they are supportive of me taking an open ended, and possibly permanent, sabbatical to complete my degree and pursue personal, long term projects. I have loved this industry since I entered it, and am looking forward to translating my experiences into the “real world” as I find my footing. This Instagram will no longer be in use, but my Tumblr and Twitter will remain updated. Xx
instagram.com/kelly_mittendorf

Will miss seeing her incredible face in editorials. But I admire her for deciding to fully focus on something else that most likely has more of a future than modeling. All the best to you, Kelly! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->