• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kim Jones - Designer, Creative Director of Fendi & Dior Men

what is going on here... pretty sure luxury sneakers are bought by everyone these days and not just by "those people".

read below- this person clocked in today \/

It's less the issue that LVMH is trying to appeal to black people, but the fact that they're using stereotypes of black culture to do so. Both Hennessy and designer sneakers have their roots in Afro-American culture.

i wonder how much of the world know and think of it like this... i definitely would have never known that thats a thing.
Neither did I until a few days ago on this thread. Also, seeing how modern social media audiences react to these sorts of things have led me to easily guess the farfetched associations that can be made.

Good. I only do elevated. Only the best in every aspect.

Basic? We dont know her.

Weird how, from a PR point of view, Dior is willing to associate themselves with a divisive member of the British Royal Family. But then again, he's probably the most important of the few royals who are allowed to do this kind of plug. There's something off about the fit of the suit that's bothering me, though. But it's by Kim Jones, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised.

wow the sponsorship deal for a coronation is a new low, both from Dior and the person; and yeah the jacket looks off. Nothing is enough for LVMH for that extra % of growth.

He's a celebrity.

Fashion brands dress celebrities for big public appearances.

It's not that big of a deal ya'll.

It's kind of a big deal, in my opinion, "big public appearances" are all and anything red carpets: Amfar Galas, Cannes, Mostra, Oscars, premières, fashion shows, there are literally tons of events of this kind per year... Being sponsored is kinda tacky but I understand brands need the exposure and celebs need the income streams.

Then you have official states or governments events: state funerals, inaugurations, coronations, G7 or G20 summits, multi-laterals, an so-on, and honestly it's is tacky as f**k to negotiate a sponsorship for these events.

And this guy is a celebrity precisely because he comes from royal family, so he is very much accustomed to those "state" events, he really should have known better. He can do all the Hollywood premieres in Dior, no issue with that (even if it would look greedy ), but that the life he freely chose.
Funny thing is I abhor monarchies, but in some cases formality precedes sponsored deals.

It's kind of a big deal, in my opinion, "big public appearances" are all and anything red carpets: Amfar Galas, Cannes, Mostra, Oscars, premières, fashion shows, there are literally tons of events of this kind per year... Being sponsored is kinda tacky but I understand brands need the exposure and celebs need the income streams.

Then you have official states or governments events: state funerals, inaugurations, coronations, G7 or G20 summits, multi-laterals, an so-on, and honestly it's is tacky as f**k to negotiate a sponsorship for these events.

And this guy is a celebrity precisely because he comes from royal family, so he is very much accustomed to those "state" events, he really should have known better. He can do all the Hollywood premieres in Dior, no issue with that (even if it would look greedy ), but that the life he freely chose.
Funny thing is I abhor monarchies, but in some cases formality precedes sponsored deals.

:rolleyes:

What's the actual issue? I don't understand this logic.

See, this is what happens when you divorce the royal family: you get cut off from quality tailors on Savile Row, and have settle with friggin’ Kim Jones to make your suit. Shame. Shame. Shame.
But then if you don't divorce them on time, you end up like Ede & Ravenscroft: dressing the pedo uncle in garter robes.

The Royal Family's PR is made of iron, they've seen it all, from the grandma throwing shoes at grandpa, tampongate, the bizarre tabloids they rely on to stay relevant (something not even the average celebrity, let alone a politician, would do), there's no bottom they haven't hit and no bottom they can't recover from, they have a sadistic public that adores seeing them on the floor so, a member of the family in a French label? catnip. What's really problematic is Dior sponsoring wife beaters and giving them millions to restore their careers. It's creating a lot of headlines.. it seems pretty gross and hypocritical considering the money they pour on the faux feminism.

Also, you keep going on and on about a sponsorship. There is no sponsorship. Harry is not a Dior brand ambassador. There's no deal.

Looks like he picked the wrong fabric and the shape is wrong. Harry isnt a twink

The horizontal creasing on tje arms indicates poor fit. That is insane.

Shouldve been a fabric with more drape - idk what this blend is being used but it looks really still and woolen. Harry has no figure so I think the jacket shouldve had more shape. Its giving barrel.

Edit: i looked at the savoir faire and its wool and mohair. Thats why its getting those wrinkles and looks stiff as a board.

Last edited:
Also, you keep going on and on about a sponsorship. There is no sponsorship. Harry is not a Dior brand ambassador. There's no deal.
He got offered the outfit and gave permission to use his image in this suit on Dior social medias, with a citation of his name and of the brand.
That quid pro quo is a definition of a deal, maybe it's just a one-time deal, maybe it includes a proper cash payment but that's definitely a deal between Dior and the agency representing him.
I never implied it was a multi-year contract or that he was a Dior ambassador.

A collaboration with Stefano Pilati for Fendi dropping later this month:

Well… I didn't expect this and I'm completely curious and excited! I hope he can bring Frida back.

More from the collection:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->