Maria Grazia Chiuri - Designer, Creative Director of Christian Dior

I suspect this will all be marketed as a celebration of the artistry and “savoir faire” of the Scottish wool textile industry. If that’s the case, I’ll be watching out for the subsequent “making of” videos that they release afterwards. I do like those a lot, which is the only thing from Dior these days that ever pique my interest.

I suspect this will all be marketed as a celebration of the artistry and “savoir faire” of the Scottish wool textile industry. If that’s the case, I’ll be watching out for the subsequent “making of” videos that they release afterwards. I do like those a lot, which is the only thing from Dior these days that ever pique my interest.
True! Those "making of" videos are the only interesting thing coming from Dior.

Not the Dior graffiti... :skull::skull::skull:is Burton shadow consulting for Mary Grace. All this UK references.

Came up on my recommended. Love this psychologist innovator philanthropist. I have a fascination with trash and this video was quite relaxing.

I guess it's an ad for Dior? Absolute rubbish and so fitting lol. (But I do see the product working very well.)

I actually find this kind of collab (rather than ad) interesting. I think with this, Dior has found a perfect way to work with a content creator/influencer. It’s a kind of win-win situation…
This is not quote on quote an ad. Wearing an obvious Hermes Birkin and having the SA comparing the space to Chanel and Vuitton would have never been part of the brief if that was the case.

Came up on my recommended. Love this psychologist innovator philanthropist. I have a fascination with trash and this video was quite relaxing.

I guess it's an ad for Dior? Absolute rubbish and so fitting lol. (But I do see the product working very well.)

I RESENT having to aspire to be this depressing thing in a limo

hearing these brainless gay SAs saying "it's giving-" is making my stomach turn. actually wincing at this.

i LIVE for obtuse and stylistic challenged influencers like her, they always have questionable nosejobs and a few misguided gay men on their side proped up as a hermes' rodeo charm. i watched this whole video with a smile on my face bc we're blessed to be able to witness this, its an antropological experience. everything is just so entertainingly campy and surreal, at the end of the day no matter how much talent a CD has this is what real luxury is about!

After watching the whole video, I must say that while I think she needs to go, having a view of that store kinda highlight the strength of MGC’s work. It’s retail’s goal.
I think Chanel’s offering for example is tackier in stores.
The merchandising at Dior is well though out.

But I’m confused, is the S.A. one of her « fans »? How does he know she has a Balmain trench coat? lol

I had to skim it.

That sales rep is prob a top performer. His ability to connect with her know her taste and style is how luxury sales should go….IMO this is more of an ad for the Bond St location because if I was shopping in Dior London I would want this sales rep. He dressed her so well and kept her looking very Dior. Maybe he worked at Balmain before and sold her the trench?

Why are there crocodile supposedly precious bags just strewn about like dinner mints.

After watching the whole video, I must say that while I think she needs to go, having a view of that store kinda highlight the strength of MGC’s work. It’s retail’s goal.
I think Chanel’s offering for example is tackier in stores.
The merchandising at Dior is well though out.

But I’m confused, is the S.A. one of her « fans »? How does he know she has a Balmain trench coat? lol
I do not think MGC, or any other CDs actually, have that much real influence on the retail, store floors or consumer experiences. That's the job of the merchandisers, window dressers, store managers, SAs etc.
In this vid, there is very little of MGC's actual work, we are seeing much more the jewelry by Victoire de Castellane's dept, in a decor by Peter Marino, with homeware by Cordelia de Castellane. And all the variations of the crocodile Lady Dior bags are certainly not designed by MGC herself (but kudos to Galliano).
It's only when the sales rep opens the closets that we have a glimpse of the "iconic" (sic) Dior designs by MGC, and imho, among those racks of funeral dresses, the bralette with the Christian Dior straps is the most representative of MGC.
So, to make it short;
1) the "luxurious" feeling of the vip floor experience isn't due to MGC direct influence but to executives and merchandisers decisions,
2) people will come anyway because it's Dior and expensive, and not because it's Dior by MGC,
3) Hence she is easily replaceable by anyone capable of designing "pretty and inoffensive" Dior, so a lot of people.
4) I suspect most of the customers would not be able to name her or recognize her in pictures ( and that's true for all the other brands too).
5) I put "luxurious" in quotation marks because it isn't real luxury for me, and you can call me elitist or classist for that.
6) Kelly 25 are for basic, stylistically-challenged, rich girls.

I do not think MGC, or any other CDs actually, have that much real influence on the retail, store floors or consumer experiences. That's the job of the merchandisers, window dressers, store managers, SAs etc.
In this vid, there is very little of MGC's actual work, we are seeing much more the jewelry by Victoire de Castellane's dept, in a decor by Peter Marino, with homeware by Cordelia de Castellane. And all the variations of the crocodile Lady Dior bags are certainly not designed by MGC herself (but kudos to Galliano).
It's only when the sales rep opens the closets that we have a glimpse of the "iconic" (sic) Dior designs by MGC, and imho, among those racks of funeral dresses, the bralette with the Christian Dior straps is the most representative of MGC.
So, to make it short;
1) the "luxurious" feeling of the vip floor experience isn't due to MGC direct influence but to executives and merchandisers decisions,
2) people will come anyway because it's Dior and expensive, and not because it's Dior by MGC,
3) Hence she is easily replaceable by anyone capable of designing "pretty and inoffensive" Dior, so a lot of people.
4) I suspect most of the customers would not be able to name her or recognize her in pictures ( and that's true for all the other brands too).
5) I put "luxurious" in quotation marks because it isn't real luxury for me, and you can call me elitist or classist for that.
6) Kelly 25 are for basic, stylistically-challenged, rich girls.
Can we copy and paste that to send it Delphine so she can get rid of MGC lol!

Side note: while I kind of enjoy Cordelia’s work for Baby Dior, Dior Maison is really not my taste.

Who do you see for Dior? Miss Burton like me or someone else?

yeah i surely hope nobody is under the impression that dior's unprecedented commercial success is attributable to *checks notes* maria grazia chiuri of valentino lmao

dior sells because it's dior - it's as simple as that. she really has nothing to do with it. the house will always eclipse the designer.

Can we copy and paste that to send it Delphine so she can get rid of MGC lol!

Side note: while I kind of enjoy Cordelia’s work for Baby Dior, Dior Maison is really not my taste.

Who do you see for Dior? Miss Burton like me or someone else?
Dior Maison is too ladylike, even for Dior, you can feel the ghost of Doris Brynner.

I am certain Dior will have troubles to find a successor: it took them a full year to convince Raf Simons, and almost another year to sign MGC after him. Of course the management has changed a bit with the departure of Toledano and the arrival of Delphine, but not that much. So there's that, intense pressure and expectations.

If I were a designer who values a work-life balance, who has already proven their talents and ability, who is not in need of a very high salary, I would go for a less stressful, freer work place, like Givenchy.

What a peculiar video. And him saying "here we have the iconic Bar jacket" when there is nary a Bar shape in sight in that jacket. Smelling and seeing lies here.

What Dior has capitalised well on is the personalised/private experience and even the looks of the stores have that cliché "pretty high fashion" look with all the Salon references. But that isn't purely thanks to MGC at all. That's Dior knowing how to play into the lowest common denominator mentally to appease the gullible (much like their surplus of coffee table books) so MGC's stuff works well in this space. It's like the Starbuck's of high/luxury fashion.

What a peculiar video. And him saying "here we have the iconic Bar jacket" when there is nary a Bar shape in sight in that jacket. Smelling and seeing lies here.
The Bar is barely Baring. It’s actually not flattering.
Next time I’m travelling I’m going to take my Dior by Raf bar suit and wear it just to go to a Dior store and hear what an S.A. may say to me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->