Valentino Resort 2011

fierceboi

Reaction score
Pier Paolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri continue to chart a new course for Valentino. The duo’s dressy lineup for cruise ranges from Chantilly-lace trenches and peacoats over shorts to sweeping evening gowns in dégradé or dainty floral patterns. The designers also reintroduced the V logo on the buttons — first used by Valentino himself in 1968. “We’re focusing on a young and fragile woman who wants to be modern via special fabrics and techniques,” says Piccioli. Adds Chiuri, “We want each piece to be iconic, collectible.”

Source WWD

Attachments

• valentino01.jpg
    valentino01.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 334
  • valentino02.jpg
    valentino02.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 339
  • valentino03.jpg
    valentino03.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 330
  • valentino04.jpg
    valentino04.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 344
  • valentino05.jpg
    valentino05.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 343
  • valentino06.jpg
    valentino06.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 331
  • valentino07.jpg
    valentino07.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 331
  • valentino08.jpg
    valentino08.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 335
  • valentino09.jpg
    valentino09.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 341
We’re focusing on a young and fragile woman who wants to be modern via special fabrics and techniques
Like I don't even :rolleyes: it's not awful and it can easily translate to success off the runway like their horrible HC collection and gah that 3rd look is hideous.

'young and fragile women'?:rofl: what a terrible demographic to target.i'd imagine they'd be too busy weeping over not fitting into any of those horrible outfits.

i like this much better than their wannabe balenciaga collections its more close to the Valentino aesthetic, the shoes though I could do without

The first suit and the leather & lace dress are both really cute. I especially love the first outfit. It's a great update on an extremely stodgy look.

Overall though the looks are a bit all over the place, so far anyway.

“We’re focusing on a young and fragile woman..."
Not that everything has to be fierce warrior women, but fragile... really!!!??? Also are they mucking with the camera angles or something, the pictures look slightly off - almost CGI-ish?

I like #3 and I am responding well to #6. The last two dresses are OK, coming this late in the season, I feel like I have already seen them a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg, this is awful. Those leather outfits especially are...:ermm:

It really isn't that bad, comparing it to past seasons, the last two dresses are really nice.
Though I still despise the lace, it's a big improvement.

Wow I can't believe this is getting such negative feedback. Regardless of what they said these clothes are beautiful. The leather pieces are very feminine and the semi lace dress is PURE class.

Ugh, I wouldn't have guessed young and fragile women (such a claptrap) were targetted by this collection.. The third outfit looks like something my granny would wear :blink: The fifth and seventh dresses are decent though (but the latter is very Marc by Marc-ish).

i think the presentation totally kills it and also the fact that its a resort colelction is questionable...i mean leather for resort

How did we pass from elegant and confident woman from Valentino collections to "We’re focusing on a young and fragile woman" ??? :ninja:
The PreFall collection was MUCH better,this looks semi rubbish

Just adore the 4th (green) Look. I'm getting excited for Valentino again...

I like the shoes, that's it. The leather outfits are awful, the fabric look so cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->