Valentino F/W 09.10 Paris

I miss Alessandra!!!

This is seriously worse than Christian Siriano.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it looks like the clothes are badly made, by a team that tried their best, but who don't (yet) have the skills to produce magic on the level that's required.

Some of these pieces look wearable and will be bought by anyone who doesn't have to think twice about the price; they'll simply be updating their wardrobe with a few new Valentino items, like they've always done.

But there's nothing here that truly warrants a sky-high price or indeed, praise. The team have gone through the motions of doing Valentino, but don't have the eye that the man himself had. And haven't yet found their own secret ingredient to add, that will turn the clothes into something special.

The question is, how many times will the new team be allowed go through the motions before (a) they come alive in the role and inject some life into the designs, or (b) they get sacked by being reincorporated into the backrooms again, in a more respectful dismissal than was shown to their predessor, because life's unfair like that.

Of course, there's always (c) this is what it's going to be like for the forseeable future, but given the revolving doors of fashion design, even the Valentino label might not tolerate that level of blandness for long. It might give them a longer chance than would be shown to most, but there will come a moment where something more will be needed. Who'll be supplying it... the duo or someone new?

if we can take Gucci as an example, they will stay in charge cause they copy Valentino's old stuff, therefore "honor his vision" and also cause they might create some "IT-Bag" which will sell like hotcakes.

i bet they're already designing a Valentino monogram or some kinda printed canvas to make bags with. which will sell sell sell. i also expect more fragrances coming from Valentino.

I don't wanna spend too many words on this seeing that I had a looooong day and that it's not worth it anyway....most of this is an insult to the house and the rest is a slap in the face of anything beautiful....ugh...

nicole phelps and sarah mower , are very biased fashion critiques ,so whatever theys say should be taken with a pinch of salt , Cathy Horyn is the most realistic and whose views mostly gel with fashion critiques on TFS , im sure she will not give this collection a favorable review for sure.

^^^ Agree.

I don't even bother with Sarah Mower/Nicole Phelps reviews.

I'm eagerly anticipating what Cathy Horyn has to say about this.

Valentino is the new Gucci

:lol:

My initial thoughts are, "More than a touch of Cavalli ..."

As expected, these two are a joke compared with Alessandra ... and I say that objectively. I think they're quite good as accessories designers & have bought their work the last 2 seasons running ...

i dont think its bad , but its obvious the aim is to sell not to come up with fresh designs , its like Valentino never left .

Then show me bad :ninja: :innocent:

Valentino was way better than this--he knew what he was doing. I have to believe that if this were a school project, it would receive a failing grade ...

This is the "parisian" versace show. the more i think about it, the more i've the feeling that valentino and versace are a kinda evolution of each other...but i'm maybe going too far XD

I feel these comparisons are extremely insulting to Versace and unwarranted :ninja:

Oh wow.....I cant believe the hostility here. I mean yeah sure this is like not even 1% of what Valentino used to be. In fact I bet Valentino is proabably sitting on his $1000000 rocking chair right now crying and sobbing at this bluush!t and wishing he'd just closed the label down.
But seriosuly come on! I find this better than Allesandra's work, its much closer to Valentino than her.
Either way, no matter who theyre gonna bring in to design fro Valentino in the future we are ALL always going to complain because no one is gonna be as good as the original Valentino.

RIP.

I feel these comparisons are extremely insulting to Versace and unwarranted :ninja:

Tell me about it!!! Versace has taste! This is a load of bollucks! This new designer needs to sacrifice a goat or something to stop God from from striking him with a lightning bolt.

fashionista-ta said:
I feel these comparisons are extremely insulting to Versace and unwarranted :ninja:.

I second that. Versace is nothing like Valentino and nothing like this crap either. Donatella wouldn't send a red sack (on Sasha) down a catwalk.

Squizree said:
Tell me about it!!! Versace has taste! This is a load of bollucks! This new designer needs to sacrifice a goat or something to stop God from striking him with a lightning bolt.

I love you Squizee.

^ ^_^ love u too.

Who is the new designer anyway? Is it a he or a she?

^ Two shes, is it not?

I saw Valentino's Valentino and Alessandra's in the boutique side by side, and I found that they were more similar than I'd thought (considering that basically one is something I would wear & the other isn't). I think she brought an extremely delicate balance to her work, and it's hard for me to imagine any designer doing a better job than she did ... so comparing this favorably to her work ... :blink:

PS I think Suzy said it, just more tactfully than is her wont. She may not be so nice if she has to look at this visual drivel for additional seasons ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Freja look bad in that dress..........
Omg, Even Freja can't save that dress, I dont know who could save it....
why why why, u have to do that ????
I want "A" back.....she's 10000 times better

OMFG
Can't somebody please b*tch slap me for liking some of the pics in page 1 (I think I'm still overwhelmed by the McQ collection that I can like anything right at this moment hahahahahaha)

The dress on Freja looks hideous....
I don't even bother with Sarah Mower/Nicole Phelps reviews.

I'm eagerly anticipating what Cathy Horyn has to say about this.
Same here :smile:

Well, for anyone wondering about Cathy's take, here it is....all three lines of it. The length of the review probably says more than any amount of insults possibly could.

The new designers at Valentino, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli, simplified their clothes after a heavy debut in January. Wool shifts came with a soft spray of pleating on the bodice, and there were suits in sleek fabrics with caped jackets, as well as several fox-trimmed capes with proportions that belonged to another era. The clothes, while perfectly nice, were without surprise, wit or newness.
from nytimes.com

^ Wow :shock:

I guess the designers are he and she then? Someone post a pic so we can remember them when they're gone :lol:

00010h-1--2009.03.10.19.14.47.4648969_base.jpg
00020h-1--2009.03.10.19.14.33.360946_base.jpg

00030h-2009.03.10.19.14.15.1119234_base.jpg
00040h-2--2009.03.10.19.13.59.2785298_base.jpg

00050h-4--2009.03.10.19.13.40.14630_base.jpg
00060h-2--2009.03.10.19.13.26.2389185_base.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen