Valentino for the Gap

i dont know how to feel about this
i hate and never shop at the gap so i guess this was a good idea drawing in more customers for both brands

i just think its going a little too far...isnt The Gap sportswear anyway?? I dont get the relevance of Valentino being in that store

Well that is what the future is all about. Trying new things. Mr. Valenteno is a fashion icon and a lot of people wish they could have a peice of the Valentino lifestyle. It's not forever, but trust me it will be better for his business to have a branch in the more affordable market, besides perfume and lotions. There is more compitition now and the Valentino House must put it self in the eye view of all consumer reachable budgets.

It is reality. But, the Major house need to up their game too.

I was in a "specialty" store earlier today and as I looked at the shoddy, but pricey for what it is, merchandise & the promo materials, I thought to myself -- if these brands didn't have to pay the models so much and produce such huge shows & ad campaigns, a company wouldn't have to keep raising their prices and lowering the quality of the goods in order to make sufficient profit. Naive of me, I know, and soooo not going to happen. But a tighter focus on clothing, etc. and less focus on creating a "show" would really benefit the consumer (assuming the company used some of the "saved" money to improve quality, of course). I raise this issue on this thread because improving the bottom line is the whole reason for these collaborations. Personally, I'd rather have a quality, well-tailored garment from an unknown than a cheap polyester bit of fluff from someDesigner for anyFastFashionPlace. Pretentious or not, I stand by my position of feeling tired and burnt out from these collaborations. It's enough just keeping up with all of the product from various Fashion Weeks, for goodness sake!

the reason for fine fashion going mainstream.... MONEY.

I understand luxury companies would want to go mainstream for financial reasons and it may pay off in the short term, but I doubt it would in the long term.
Valentino has the heritage of a Couture house. You know what that means, right? Exclusivity, finest fabrics, handmade, jet-set life, beautiful designs, out of reach for most consumers, etc.
And now Valentino is partnering with Gap. Polar opposites, right? Mass consumers will buy the stuff and it might be a PR success... for what, a couple of months? After the hype, it will be even more obvious that Valentino is the brand that has no clear strategy and whose identity is diluted. Who will want to buy there afterwards? Gap consumers?

There is a reason why Hermès and Chanel are considered top luxury brands: they do not compromise on their values, recession or not. And for the record Hermès sales have not suffered in the past 2 years: consumers want the real stuff, products that are luxury in every way.

This doesn't make sense. As others have already mentioned, they're 2 brands with completely different aesthetics and I really can't see them complimenting each other.

I see your point FrenchCactus. It's sad to see Valentino go from creating luxurious couture dresses to designing a line for... Gap.

There is a reason why Hermès and Chanel are considered top luxury brands: they do not compromise on their values, recession or not. And for the record Hermès sales have not suffered in the past 2 years: consumers want the real stuff, products that are luxury in every way.

and Hermes understands and knows how to satisfy its customers. In fact, Hermes was one of a few luxury houses that actually increased sales during the recession and on top of that they just declared an increase of sales again this year. They really know how to serve pure luxury to those who seek for it.

the jodhpurs are atrocious

that t-shirt looks cute (but worth 50 quid???)

the cropped jacket on the sketch is damn cute, something i can't say about the non cropped jacket.

I only like the cropped jacket in the sketch!!! And it's seams to be pricey. Plus comparing to what H&M and Lanvin is offering, definitely this is going to be quite a hit. Even there's no competitors, the Gap girl would LOVE to wear that ruffle-trimmed cargo pants!! Really? Plus, I don't think the house has this hype of the 'it' house. I do not disrespect House of Valentino but I think the house isn't really well known like Dior, LV, Chanel.

though I do hope there will be some lovely pieces in the collection.

i don't think girls really want to wear a pair of pants with ruffles at a position close to their privates, making it look like their... 'vajayjay' is outside.

and Valentino is a LEGENDARY brand. unlike Lanvin which has disappeared for a while, Valentino has been famed and featured and raved about for at least the last 30 years!

i really don't know what would make you think Valentino wasn't well known or iconic.

^ :lol: Hilarious
Yeah Valentino has just as much buzz as Dior or Chanel because it's so popular with celebrities.
But I'm not sure about those pieces. They look a bit...silly.

i don't think girls really want to wear a pair of pants with ruffles at a position close to their privates, making it look like their... 'vajayjay' is outside.

And after that interpretation, I'm never going to be able to look at the ruffles in their collections in the same light again. V for Valentino indeed!

I like the jersey shirt and the cotton jacket if wore right. I can see the pants selling where I live if they get released. You gals should know the girls around here are not that modest to turn down vajayjay pants.

The grey top and the jacket is to die for. Unsure of the pants though. Soo excited!

the shirt is very cute but i think maybe a bit too much anyway it's weird that it's at dover st market..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->