Knitting!

At the moment there I have three knitting projects running:

- a red turtleneck sweater with plait pattern
- a dark blue coat similar to this:
lang-fam-183-m1.jpg

- a black basic scarf for the winter in Fisherman's Rib (see at my blog)

(photo is from wollfactory.de)

Alvedansen: I think there are two stitches for that sweater. A jersey one (the black) and then I can't figure out the white... if it's a "nid d'abeille" (or maybe it's all one type/ a jacquard) (that's just my guess ^_^')

Maybe a bit offtopic:
I´m going to the USA over Christmas. Does anyone know if it´s allowed to knit in the airplane?
I googled it, but all I could find were old thread in old forums. And maybe something changed since 2006.
People write in those threads that it depends on the airline, but I think the security regulations for the USA are special...

^ I crocheted on the plane to London a couple of times, nobody said a word. I was worried that the crocheting hook wouldnt be allowed in the hand luggage but it was...dunno if that helps, maybe just try and see like i did :smile:

i think i try it definitely.
but i am unsure if i should take a thin or a big needle with me.

I have got a really tiny one. its thickness is 3.5,circular knitting pin of 40cm/15.75inch and the needle length is 8cm/3.5inch. so really small. and i have another one which thickness is 5.5 and 80cm/31.5inch circular and 14cm/5inch pin/needle length.
I don´t know which one is better.
I could prick someone with both. i guess the 3.5 one would hurt more. but maybe the "over see" that one...
i am unsure which one i should take with me... :/

unfortunately I don´t know how to crochet.

Id try with the bigger ones, theyre more blunt...but i dont know if it will make any difference in the end...try both? :D Or just call the company youre flying with or send an email

i thought the bigger one would be better, too.
I read online that it depends on the security people on the airport...
I´m flying with Lufthansa, they say online that no sharp/pointed objects are allowed. But in those old forums I read that people flew with lufthansa and they knitted on board.

I will make a try. at worst I lost my knitting needles and need to buy new ones.

^ I would try and travel with plastic needles instead or metal I feel like that makes them less dangerous.

292774_10151155105474821_1480577800_n.jpg

Here is a scarf I crocheted. I wanted to try and make tassels they were super fun to make them. It has another two tassels in the back.

just wanted to let you all know I knitted in the airplane. it was no problem at all. that really saved my life :P

^yay:clap: good to know. which needles did you choose in the end?

i love your scarf sophia. i've tried crocheting before, but it always gets too tight or something. no matter what yarn or size of hook i use it always ends up more like an oven cloth that a soft scarf :(

i used wooden circular knitting pin with 9cm thickness.
no one cared. not the security people when you enter the secure area and also not the stewards.
i thought the bigger the better and wooden doesnt beep at the security check.

^yay:clap: good to know. which needles did you choose in the end?

i love your scarf sophia. i've tried crocheting before, but it always gets too tight or something. no matter what yarn or size of hook i use it always ends up more like an oven cloth that a soft scarf :(

Thanks try using a bigger hook and dont pull the yarn tight it will look messy for the first few rows but once you get going it will even out. Also try using a double crochet instead of a single one. Honestly I just use youtube videos to learn knitting and crocheting stuff.

^thanks for the tips :flower:

i'm crocheting this scarf now (i've changed it to double crochet stitch instead of the half double she's using though), but i think i'm pulling the yarn too tight, it's gotten better, but it's still not as loose as i'd like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
not the best photo,but it will have to do for now. its sort of a jumper i crocheted
1-2_zps5c5a9036.jpg

^What a fantastic jumper! It looks so cozy and it's in grey, my favorite color!

something new I made for the warmer days that are hopefully coming soon. It´s crocheted wool.
0004444mala_zpsc51d7e56.jpg

knitted "Reptilephilia"...

from collection "Reptilephilia" by Alexander Seraphim...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->