Lanvin Resort 2016

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Laurent Folcher
Fashion is a game of multiple choices for Alber Elbaz, whose lineup for Lanvin resort was democratic, eclectic — and extensive. “Today you have to design for all markets,” he said during his look book shoot in Paris. Elbaz made a point mixing the affordable and the expensive: Consider a short black dress with draped straps crisscrossing in the back, made of a $10-a-yard silk faille fabric — and a long, lean Hollywood style overlaid with delicate high-end Chantilly lace and draped on one hip. Both looks exuded glamour.

The designer talked about his global travels, visiting all those places where women are going to cocktails and parties. “They are independent women in a maximalist mode, not minimalistic,” he noted. Cue what he called “little” doses of excess, including a profusion of vibrant colors, mainly used for day, including vaguely Sixties short jersey dresses in bold, graphic stripes, while there was a whiff of the Seventies in the suede snap-front skirts and fringed leathers.

To blur the retro vibe, Elbaz mixed clothes plucked from various eras without highlighting any specific one. “It’s about being desirable, fun and energetic…and it’s about mistakes,” he said.

Many of the clothes were intensely detailed: fringe on stretch tweed and animal-print jacquards or flower prints with the Lanvin logo in graffiti overprinted on them. Washed, lightweight indigo denim and oversize industrial snaps and eyelet details were all worked with no restraint.

wwd.com

Looks more like something from Marc Jacobs.

What Da? i was prepared to be excited, but this is not Lanvin at all!
He obviously tried to be 'younger' and 'cooler' which was a big mistake. Lanvin's staple is effortless, ageless, timeless french chic and that's what sets it apart. All the magic is lost here.

No to the colors. Is Alber auditioning for Karl's spot at Chanel? haha

Such a nice collaboration of Saint Laurent, Gucci by Frida G. and Marc Jacobs. Oh wait, it's Lanvin... I wouldn't go for that look. It's not fresh or new, but Alber hasn't been about that. It's young, but it's executed in such a bad way. I don't get this collection. He needs to keep it clean like he did for s/s 15.

There is something thoroughly unappealing about pretty much everything.. the clothes, the styling, the photography, the model..

Prada by Marc Jacobs...then chanel by Marc Jacobs...than saint Laurent by Hedi

I agree. It really does feel like a lookbook for another brand entirely, as well.
There is something thoroughly unappealing about pretty much everything.. the clothes, the styling, the photography, the model..

I wish he would go back to doing unfussy pretty clothes. He really dropped the ball around Spring 2014 and it hasn't gotten much better since then. I appreciate that it isn't minimal, but it's not very concise or appealing for that matter.

Does Albert leave for a break so Heidi and Karl decided totstep te in to give some helping hands lol?

this is the best resort collection of the season ! wow! it's like the old lanvin that i love, love when they use colour

Such a nice collaboration of Saint Laurent, Gucci by Frida G. and Marc Jacobs. Oh wait, it's Lanvin...

Hilarious! And totally agree, doesn't look like Lanvin. What is going on with these resorts collections? Stella Mc Cartney "channeling" Chloé, Sliman-y Lanvin!

I actually love most of this, especially towards the end (where he stopped using garish colors and animal prints). Whomever styled this needs a quick punch, it was annoying to view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->