Lanvin Resort 2014

Prairie

Reaction score
“It’s not just about design. It’s about lifestyle, and fitting the needs around the day,” Alber Elbaz said of Lanvin resort. The collection oscillated between opulence and sleek chic for a woman who pairs glitzy dresses with metallic sneakers, running from the gym to a cocktail party. This melting-pot wardrobe winked to Indian maharajahs, Egyptian queens and gangsta rappers — especially the chunky jewelry with numbered crystal pendants or stylized scarabs.
For day or night, the clothes exuded glamour, whether quietly in a pristine white full-skirted dress in Neoprene, which was textured to look like piqué, or with more flamboyance: the gold lamé brocade T-shirt dress embroidered with copper and gold sequins. Other looks, including a vibrant red strapless number, called to mind streamlined versions of Fifties chic. Technical fabrics like stretch lamé, whorled into draped shifts, anchored this varied collection in the modern world of fast-paced cities.

wwd

Agree^^. The white dress is amazing. Can't wait to see more!

It's very nice, as usual -- yet, I feel like I'm constantly seeing the same collection over and over.

the white dress looks very Dior, but in a good way, and the red is really lovely too. if this is any indication of what the rest of the collection looks like then I'm impressed already:smile:

The red dress is dangerously similar to the one Carey Mulligan wore to The Great Gatsby, isn't it? Minus the two horizontal strips. That look itself was in the Fall 2013 but in black. I guess like most Resort collections, they are extensions of the Fall collections. I kind of wish she had worn this version. The bow is a nice little touch.

I'm pretty much in love with this collection especially after the messy Fall one. The white dress is my favourite along with the two tone gown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look #23 is it love it. Hope to see someone do it justice on the red carpet.

The collection looks more like an actual collection than an afterthought (as quite often happens with this mid-season collections).

I absolutely adore it. Quite varied and lovely splashes of colour.

Magnificent! The entire collection is magnificent. Second best resort collection thus far.

amazing collection :wub: my only problem is with the damn numbers on the jewellery

The dresses are gorgeous. Another hit collection coming from Alber!

IMO, best resort collection since resort collections have been invented :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->