Lanvin Resort 2016

Alber has honestly been on autopilot for the last like...4-5 years. He's come out with some good collections during that time, but nothing that is actually adding to the overall fashion conversation.

He really was on top from about 2006-2009...but since then, he just doesn't seem to be able to come up with anything that actually feels new or different for Lanvin. From a business or merchandising standpoint, I suppose he's expected to maintain all those Lanvin signatures, but the problem is, in fashion, you can't rest on laurels...you have to keep searching for new successes. I don't feel like Alber is doing that at all. He's designed himself into a corner, and I don't know if he's going to be able to work his way out of it.

I need to watch a 2004 Lanvin show after seeing this.

There are maybe three or four looks I like, some pieces might look nice separately, but overall it borders on hot mess and he styling doesn't help at all.

women's wear daily said some of the looks "exuded glamour", not sure about that one. I like the black bow back dress toward the end, but it's a direct imitation of the Prada pre-fall look this season. It's all a bit of a mess, as others have said it's just a mix-up of Saint Laurent, Gucci, Marc Jacobs etc.

Where are you seeing Saint Laurent by Hedi in it? I don't see anything close to that in this collection!

Some outfits looks very 70's Yves Saint Laurent. He designed for YSL Rive Gauche, so it is a bit normal to see some influences.

The styling and the model are a disaster. He is trying to hard i think. He needs to clean up and come back to something simpler.
His work doesn't need any gimmicks and i see a lot of them.

Horrible? This is as "horrible" as everything he's been doing for the last 5-6 years (which is not horrible but VERY BORING). It's same old, same old. Nothing new at all. Just a little bit of horrid styling.

I used to love what he did in 2005,06,07,09 even 10... Then he collaborated with H&M and Lanvin went downhill. He has made decent collections since that moment, but that cool and bluechip feeling Lanvin had is long gone. It’s no longer relevant. It adds nothing to the fashion world. It’s just there… But then again, I think a designer's life (used to) last(s) 10 years... Right now even less with all the media (see Hedi or Raf, whose relevance lasted just 3 years at most).

I think Alber has reached the top of the roof at Lanvin. He has seen Jeanne's archive dozen of times and He has reinterpreted her codes for such a long period; We're used to his style and signature pieces so It's normal that now his collections come as unexciting and even boring. Personally, I'd like to see him designing at a different house but I doubt his bosses would let him go.

Last edited by a moderator:
This collection isn't THAT bad, I think the main problems are styling and the model. By the way, I disagree with some of you that Alber hasn't produced anything great/inspiring since 2010, Spring 2013 was an amazing collection imho.

I thought I was at SLP's thread here. The model, styling, photography and make up are very SLP

I like the tweed pieces :unsure:

LOL so do I! honestly I think it's the garish colors and materials that are distracting from the collection. It's not bad. It's not innovative, either though. That's where the penalties should be accumulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->