Lanvin Resort 2013

fierceboi

Reaction score
Following his festive 10th anniversary show for Lanvin in March, Alber Elbaz is on a roll. His latest resort collection brimmed with graphic accents and sporty references, including ultrashiny “industrial” foil cotton pants and T-shirts that, he said, are “as easy to wear as a tracksuit.” High-tech corsetry lent volume to dresses and skirts. There was a bit of Miami heat in the color flashes — vibrant red and orange — and tropical prints, while sharp cuts in black and white, a tuxedo jacket with hot pants, for example, looked more overtly Parisian. But the big news was the bags, shown with almost every look. Elbaz is upping his focus on bags, approaching them as he does his clothes, with acute attention to finish and construction, while keeping them relaxed and free of “in your face” logos.

Source: WWD

Attachments

• lanvin01.jpg
    lanvin01.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 41
  • lanvin02.JPG
    lanvin02.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 57
  • lanvin03.jpg
    lanvin03.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 54
  • lanvin04.jpg
    lanvin04.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 49
  • lanvin05.jpg
    lanvin05.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 60
The green dress.....I die.
I'm also really loving the whole metallic look.

really like the structure he's working with. and him working on handbags just means that they're looking for a big seller...

Looks rather promising! Love the first look! However, those bags are looking suspiciously similar to the Celine luggage totes...

I definitely like it design wise and am looking forward to seeing more, but that beige skirt being wrinkled is distracting and I am on the fence about the skirts being so stiff.

Lanvin's decadence started with that awful H&M collaboration... It's not a relevant brand anymore, it's stucked in 2008.

Flawless so far! Those sharp cuts are gorgeous and still extremely feminine.
Curious about the rest for sure.

really like the structure he's working with.

Yes, the fabrics are great - the red perforated jacket is sublime. It looks like some sort of a lightweight neoprene he's working with, which is something new for him I think.
Always keen to see what he has in store for us.

001m.jpg
002m.jpg

003m.jpg
004m.jpg

005m.jpg
006m.jpg

007m.jpg
008m.jpg

009m.jpg
010m.jpg

style

Looks light "Lanvin light" tries to merge Dior`s New Look with YSL by Pilati...

I`d rather have it LANVIN, please!

Love the structure and color of the first half of the collection. The second half is kinda lost to me, I'm not a big fan of the metallic.

Am I the only one who thinks this looks A LOT like a certain Prada collection? Tropica, stripes, silhouettes, etc

I mean ... :shock:

I like!

The looks in #11 are my favourite; the way he plays with soft versus structured. That sky blue dress looks lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wwandre
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->