Life of Pi by Yann Martel

pandinha said:
I read it a year and a half ago, and I absolutely loved it. It's amazing. I have Martel's Self also but I've been procrastinating to finish it. I will, though!

You should keep on reading ybf, trust me. It's like Lord of the Rings, the first 200 pages suck. Proportionally of course (otherwise you won't touch the book again :ninja: )

Based off what you know of me, Do you think I would like it? I don't have an idea where the book is now, but if it will be worth it I can make an effort to find it. Btw, I hated LOTR too :innocent:

a fantastic book! i think its also being made into a movie with m. night shamaylan as director.

yourbestfriend said:
Based off what you know of me, Do you think I would like it? I don't have an idea where the book is now, but if it will be worth it I can make an effort to find it. Btw, I hated LOTR too :innocent:
Hm, that's a tough one. :huh: It really depends on how you're prepared to deal with it. If you're in a very skeptical mood, then I guess it wouldn't please at all. But it's like the russians, or Fellini. You don't know if you will like them, but it's good to know them anyway.

I think I enjoyed LOTR a lot because I read it when I was a tad young, 11 or 12 years old and it really poured my mind. It influenced me to be a bit of a geek for the years to come. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->