Louis Vuitton F/W 13.14 Paris

Maybe it was the music (Philip Glass?) but I'm reminded of Julianne Moore's housewife in The Hours and the hotel she went to.

Can someone please ID the music? At parts it sounded like the score for The Master.

^ the opening track is 'river' by alexandre desplat from the tree of life's soundtrack, and i think the whole music of the show is made of pieces of the film's score

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we still doing this ridiculous nightwear "trend"? It looks awful.

^ the opening track is 'river' by alexandre desplat from the tree of life's soundtrack, and i think the whole music of the show is made of pieces of the film's score

Do you even call Marc Jacobs a designer? None of these ( lingerie with lace? Satin shorts?) are original, none of the clothes in the above pictures look good, not even Kate moss can save it. But above all, I really dislike the inconsistency in style LV churns out season after season. Yayoi Kusuma collabs, cdg lookalikes one season and fifties' inspiration next.
He is one over rated designer to me I won't feel sad to see disappear. The only thing I like in this show is the set.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. This collection is BRILLIANT!

There is soo much to love here and for the record this is how you do Grunge at a French house.

The sheer dresses with the leather appliques were my favorites. I loved the lace trims and lingerie pieces it made the look more sexy and perverse.

I didn't like that the hair, makeup, and shoes so closely resemble Marc's show in NY but it made sense for the collection.

I love how Marc can give you an a decade that you have seen many times over but presents it in a way that seems fresh and modern.

i loved this so much for some reason, I think when you watched the whole show and the theme kicked in it was a winner. I loved the coats with the hombre glitter, and those transparent dresses towards the end. They all looked like women scorned who just committed murders and went to go out to smoke a cigarette then lay back down as if nothing happened :lol:

Louis Vuitton collections are always so nostalgic and retro since few seasons. A bit of modernity please.

This was the best presentation of the season. The colours, the film noir mood, the details, the understated polish. Only stalwart MJ haters (of which there are plenty here) would disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. This collection is BRILLIANT!

There is soo much to love here and for the record this is how you do Grunge at a French house.

The sheer dresses with the leather appliques were my favorites. I loved the lace trims and lingerie pieces it made the look more sexy and perverse.

I didn't like that the hair, makeup, and shoes so closely resemble Marc's show in NY but it made sense for the collection.

I love how Marc can give you an a decade that you have seen many times over but presents it in a way that seems fresh and modern.

More gothic than grunge, but yes, it was a brilliant collection, wouldn't people have figured by now that Marc's always used similar elements between his own collections and the collections for LV?

What made this collection for me is how haunting it looked, the lace and how glittery emellishments running down the skirts, blazers and coats were so nice, this is one magificent collection!

It was a nice collection, probably would have like it more if I didn't already see it 3 weeks ago in NY. What saved this show was the richness of the fabrics. I do wish this notion of nightwear, especially pajamas, as day-wear/evening-wear would disappear though.
There were some lovely outerwear, the v-neck sweaters looked so luxe, and the skirt suits (without any lace details) were other standouts. But Marc's inability to create a new idea for his LV collection, season after season, is starting to come off as just lazy.

Oh I loved everything, everything, the short hair, the cherry lips, the chinoiseries, the 20's, the 50's, spectacular show and collection!

Yes indeed, me too :heart:

The color palette of the collection was very inviting and soothing, especially when combined with the textures of the silks, fuzzy wools, and furs.

I love it! His clothes always weave some emotion into them and that just endears me to them. Lots of interesting ideas.

One of this very few Brands that saved the fashion week. Beautiful piece of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->