Louis Vuitton F/W 13.14 Paris

They all looked like women scorned who just committed murders and went to go out to smoke a cigarette then lay back down as if nothing happened :lol:

Weird this is what I thought. I love the film noir theme. There are some gorgeous dresses here especially the second to last one. Need to have a better look at the accessories. I do prefer his own collection but this is great except the wigs. LV can afford to shell out for better looking wigs.

I like this.

Always felt that Marc was true to his senses when he keeps it simple. And like his own mainline label this season, the simplicity with a subtle dose of luxury; here with a wisp of melancholy, romance and 50s nostalgia, just feels right. There's nothing new, and I don't expect that from him, and the overall look is very Prada A/W 1992 with the delicate slips worn under great and fur coats, but that look has become a staple of sorts now in fashion, so I'll forgive him for pulling it out again. And to his credit, it looks appropriate for the moment-- due largely to the grungy, but genteel mood and instant-vintage look of the clothes. But I think more due to this being a lesson in how to interpret "grunge" in the aftermath of Hedi's less-than-stellar display of grunge at YSL (yeah, yeah. I know it's SLP-- but I prefer YSL).

BTW, those herringbone column dresses with a slight shimmer of sequins are perfection.

Loved the bags, the set, the mood , the cast, everything but the clothes really... I did love the slip dresses though

The mood of this show was sublime! And the collection was, indeed, brilliant.

More gothic than grunge, but yes, it was a brilliant collection, wouldn't people have figured by now that Marc's always used similar elements between his own collections and the collections for LV?

Exaxtly, FW12 and SS13 especially, it's not a new thing.

I love it too, the vibe of this collection is good.

It all feels so forced and depressing, really. Some looks are nice, but this really does nothing for me...

It is a beautiful collection. Whats with Katie Grand and that black ugly hair?
I kinda love it. It worked with Marc Jacobs show and also with this.

I prefer this to the Marc Jacobs show; there is just more here I'd actually wear. Great coats and dresses, and I loved the muted colours.

I am over the pyjama thing, though.

Please no more pyjamas! I liked the second part more than the beginning. But overall nothing new. The glitters added a bit of luxury to the whole.

Dear Mr Jacobs,

you are allowed to create more than just dull 50s/60s/70s crap season after season (since over 10 years!).

MOVE ON!

Dear Mr Jacobs,

you are allowed to create more than just dull 50s/60s/70s crap season after season (since over 10 years!).

MOVE ON!

If you ask me he's got a great eye for diverse references...take S/S 2010, S/S 2009 and even Fall 2008 for example. And you might as well complain about that with every other designer lol.

Accessories! (stylebistro.com)

Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2013+Details+cUuWi7N8dJ_l.jpg
Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2013+Details+ivZi1btSUERl.jpg

Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2013+Details+k22MtDh0Y-ol.jpg
Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2013+Details+Zq3HVZKv5SMl.jpg

Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2013+Details+IZa7GNQXoVYl.jpg
Louis+Vuitton+Fall+2013+Details+prN66_zlhlWl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member