making bags - anyone know where to buy stuff from?

msminicooper

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I want to make my own bags and accessories, does anyone who lives in the UK preferably London know where I can get professional materials from, such as handles, buckles, chains basically anything to put the finishing touches to my works of art.
I already know where to get great leather and fabrics from and also know about shops like Kleins and the Bead shop in Soho but I would like to know if there is anywhere that sells this stuff at better prices (an online store would be fab!)
Anyone who can help please share!
thanks!

hello msminicooper...

I'd recommend going to boutiques/people who sell handmade bags and ask who their stockists are, if there's trade/craft fairs and markets in your area then perhaps pop along to one of those and ask around/pick up some booklets. I know there's been a craft fair up here before where people sell buttons/trimmings/habi. stuff etc, and give out catalogues so you can order from home.

Good Luck, I hope that's of some help...I don't know of any places in London firsthand that sell them, it is difficult to get such things in normal department store habidasherys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->