Making Your Own Jewelry!

I am joining the crowd too! Just made my very first piece, sort of inspired by Burberry SS09 collection. it's a bit heavy though, but I just love the material there, and I will keep making more for sure ^_^

That's a job well done, Agneslo! :flower:

I agree with Natashaaa, I'd love to wear it too! ^_^

agneslo!!! OMG! That is your first piece? Then I can't wait for the other ones that you're gonna do. That's amazing!

wow, this is an amazing thread. you guys are all so talented! I've been saying for the longest time that I would make my own body chain necklace thing and I kept on pushing it back. Hopefully I'll be able to make beautiful jewelry like you guys. so pretty!!!!

agneslo can you tell us how you made you necklace? it's so trendy and looking good. Are those just a chain then you linked them up or what?

i made this denim necklace, no sewing, just knotting, hahahah!
ediewho, a member of here liked it and i gave it to her as a present, and now it's featured on nylon mag online, on some kind of contest about "denim readers" or whatever http://www.nylonmag.com/?section=album&albid=301&rnd=d2ao. i kinda like the distressed look of the piece!

liv2.jpg

pic by ediewho

now i', building a much nicer one, with much more work, by a friend request, who is travelling abroad in 10 days and wants something unique to feel beautiful. i'll post later a picture of the work in progress because it's turning out better than i thought and i'm really proud! :ninja::heart:

this is the one i was talking about. it's made of super soft cotton strips with a lot of weight. my friend dresses a lot in black, and i thought it would be a good necklace for adding texture to some of her garments. i also believe it can be worn both on everyday looks and party-evening looks.

what do you guys think? do i leave it like that or would you add any extra to make it more unique??? i thought i could add some lace or this kind of garment used on ballet tutus -don't know the proper word for it in english- that could be attached on removed -knotted or unknotted- to dress it up a bit if my friend feels like that. opinions????? do i keep the total black or do i set up different color strips to be knotted or unknotted to let my friend choose if she wants some color splash???

when worn, it looks less tackier than in the pics, i can tell you! hahahhah!
img7472red.jpg

img7473red.jpg

i managed to take better pics of my necklaces today with the help of ediewho, hope you like them!

imagen036b.jpg

imagen038u.jpg

imagen041u.jpg

imagen058eb.jpg

imagen060p.jpg

imagen062qp.jpg

imagen065rq.jpg

imagen080l.jpg

imagen082r.jpg

imagen083.jpg

imagen084v.jpg

imagen162r.jpg

imagen164.jpg

imagen165.jpg

^love 'em like if i have been wearing them this morning ...dejà vu or a glitch in matrix hahah!

^ i like this so much, can you share some details about the construction processs? :flower:

edie is a wonderful model too. :heart:

^^ thanks!!! if i wanna tell you how i did, i'm afraid first i'll have to find the proper words! my english is not that good! i'll try to find the time to show you some pictures and we'll see if it works.

Making your own jewelry?

Hello,
I looked around to find out if such a thread exists but I did not find one so here is mine:

Does anyone here designs jewelry by himself?

I got the idea ´cause my mum told me she found a kind of new hobby doing this. Maybe it would be okay to post some pictures and get some of your opinions or stories from people how tried it themselves.

Have a nice day :winkiss:

A beloved friend out of this community, Leti who is a painter and does sculpture made to me this handmade necklace i think is worth post it... I like it so much cause it was just made to me...so its way more special coming from a friend. ^_^

handmade_14thS01.jpg

^^^ NICE! I love the color choices and graduated symmetry. Very unique in the true since of the word!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->