Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 08.09 NYC

I remember someone posted 2pics of marc jacobs at backstage,but i cant find those right now(i checked twice),so please,can someone help me with this?
thanks in advance :smile:

Except from the huge pied de poule print, it's not that bad. Even if I've got to admit that I'm a little bit disappointed.:(

i don't hate everything, sometimes it looks like a lot of fun and crazy and all that, but overall not my thing....

Marc is completely schizophrenic!

This collection is totally uninspired ... all that stuff can SO be found at thrift stores ... I think even Dsquared has merit opposite this ... they throw some luxe around ... I dont see anything here ... clothes for a wallflower ....

You want proof? At Liz Claiborne there was a coat and matching skirt in the blue houndstooth seen here ... Blergh!

I don't really know if I agree with the negative criticism in this thread. I think this is a very good collection judging from past collections and especially the last one.

In some way it feels like a "safe" collection, keeping quilted materials, lots of black, early modern silhouettes, grunge, punk and a bit of skin (as in punk skinhead...) with the boots. Not very innovative, but wearable enough to represent the cheaper of Mr. Jacobs two lines.

It feels as if Marc might have evolved his personal relation to grunge and punk slightly, and I can see why people might interpret such tendencies as schizophrenic (even though they mean MPD) when he mixes it with his more clean cut looks.

I'm a big fan of Marc Jacobs (just like everybody else) and I was worried about him, and his creativity when he according to the press and his own statements fell back after 7 years of sobriety.

The collections he presented for SS08 was not bad, it's Mr. Jacobs, but I thought that they seemed to lack a thread and a "visual semantic". It seemed as if he as Creative Director and Designer had overseen compromises and crossovers. I can only speculate in why, but I'm so glad this collection is more structured.

I felt as if the ss08 "Marc by" was more genuinely created, with more depth and thought than the ss08 Marc Jacobs main line.

But now I'm really excited since he chose to show the "Marc by" first, and judging by the look of FW0809 I hope I'm right about it being a sign of a fantastic collection to come!

Marc! You are amazing, an inspiration and a creative legend.

PS. Of course a lot can be found at thrift stores as some have written, most clothes can, except maybe Gareth Pugh and Margiela and other highly avant designers.

im in the middle with this collection.. some of it is just beyond words... but some of the stuff i found myself loving.. just EH

I don't really know if I agree with the negative criticism in this thread. I think this is a very good collection judging from past collections and especially the last one.

In some way it feels like a "safe" collection, keeping quilted materials, lots of black, early modern silhouettes, grunge, punk and a bit of skin (as in punk skinhead...) with the boots. Not very innovative, but wearable enough to represent the cheaper of Mr. Jacobs two lines.

It feels as if Marc might have evolved his personal relation to grunge and punk slightly, and I can see why people might interpret such tendencies as schizophrenic (even though they mean MPD) when he mixes it with his more clean cut looks.

I'm a big fan of Marc Jacobs (just like everybody else) and I was worried about him, and his creativity when he according to the press and his own statements fell back after 7 years of sobriety.

The collections he presented for SS08 was not bad, it's Mr. Jacobs, but I thought that they seemed to lack a thread and a "visual semantic". It seemed as if he as Creative Director and Designer had overseen compromises and crossovers. I can only speculate in why, but I'm so glad this collection is more structured.

I felt as if the ss08 "Marc by" was more genuinely created, with more depth and thought than the ss08 Marc Jacobs main line.

But now I'm really excited since he chose to show the "Marc by" first, and judging by the look of FW0809 I hope I'm right about it being a sign of a fantastic collection to come!

Marc! You are amazing, an inspiration and a creative legend.

PS. Of course a lot can be found at thrift stores as some have written, most clothes can, except maybe Gareth Pugh and Margiela and other highly avant designers.
I agree about the designers and thrift shops. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->