Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 08.09 NYC

why does it all reminds of mango, H&M, .... ???

that collection is pretty disappointing...
i love the shoes but thats all

There are a few cute pieces but overal it looks boring (and the houndstooth is just ugly)

I bet I'll see some Miu Miu/ Prada reference here and there!! Need to see more!!

BTW...he is not showing the mainline this season? Am sure this is not off topic?

:heart:

My first thought was major Balenciaga "inspiration" ...

http://www.***************/image/2008/W6/020520082014476137.jpg
elle.com

Not a fan of the clothes but I LOVE THESE SHOES!!!!!

The shoes are alright but everything else... bleargh. Even the cute little dresses aren't that cute. And houndstooth? Just no.

So much is expected of Marc so if he fails to WOW people are disappointed

Marc Jacobs should stop messing around with rentboys and deliver a genius collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that bad, really, of course there's nothing new and expectations were high about that collection so it's easy to get disappointed.

i think i like it....
but most of the silhouettes get me bored.... we're seeing this sort of neo 60s silhouette for like toooo manyyy seasons, now.....

move on.....

honestly most of the looks are inspired by the streets....

but it's still ok.... it's just Marc by Marc....

I could understand how people may be underwhelmed by the clothes but the shoes are really cute imo.

It's not that bad, really, of course there's nothing new and expectations were high about that collection so it's easy to get disappointed.

i can only speak for myself but after the last collection my expectations were quite low and im still disappointed

not all of this was totally miserable. not gonna lie, there are some pieces that i think are kind of pretty. but it's just so... boring! nothing special at all; i was hoping he'd come up with much better. i will say that i do like the shoes, though.

NO

and aliken that no to an alcoholic having a last drink before they enter rehab...

i am just going to stop wearing his stuff until it snaps back to normalcy - this is swaying dangerously close to that horrendous late 80's phase where everything was geometric prints/ lycra/ and horizantal seams... etch. just personal opinion of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->