Marc by Marc Jacobs F/W 08.09 NYC

Some of the pieces are nice but most of it is awful and cartoon-ish but again, it's executed in a way that's not sly or tongue-in-cheek.

http://www.***************/image/2008/W6/020520082008400179.jpg
style

OMG, how flattering is this piece? :huh:

It's like all of the designers this season think women want to look like they have huge ***es, hips and thighs.

Some bags are interesting but I don't like the clothes this time. Kind of boring. Maybe this is the least favorite Marc by Marc Jacobs show I have even seen.

See it as a powerful antidote to two decades of small a**** and no pronounced waists B)

Very predictable. I liked the first look but the rest was pretty boring. Though I still think a lot will be bought..

I think this collection won't make Hilary Clinton nor Sir Mix-A-Lot proud. It's not bad, but again there's something boxy about some of the ensembles. Besides it looks like a 20 year old raided DVF's fabrics from past seasons to make hipster stuff.

Some cute dresses and outerwear, everything else is a complete wash to me. The menswear took a notable downturn.

some of the dresses look like balenciaga S/S 2006 but done in hideous slime green houndstooth. Most of this stuff you can get at H&M ........disappointing i must say.

the jolt of green is really throwing me off. other than that I totally get where he is coming from. that indie kid. even how the models walk. i think viewing the show via video will give everyone a better feel. i do find it funny that he and phillip lim use the same song but phillip used it for his sppring collection i believe,

Marc by Marc Jacobs is one of my all time favourite...Marc did well last season,but this time....I must say I dislike the whole collection,I can't find a single piece to like.Disappointing...very disappointing.

Some of the pieces are actually quite nice but this is a little underwhelming coming from MJ. I had high expectations tbh.

Expect for one or two dresses I find all the collection really boring...

Some of the pieces are nice but most of it is awful and cartoon-ish but again, it's executed in a way that's not sly or tongue-in-cheek.

http://www.***************/image/2008/W6/020520082008400179.jpg
style

OMG, how flattering is this piece? :huh:

It's like all of the designers this season think women want to look like they have huge ***es, hips and thighs.
Or know the female form at all [the designers that is].

I thikn the collection is pretty good and has some strong edge and contrasts but still cute. It's not just wearable, I would love to wear it!

Hmm.. there were a few looks that I really liked.. but I found the rest quite bad. Lots of ill fitting pieces IMO. :(

Those are my thoughts exactly. All that's missing is the press release stating that this is Marc's new collection for H&M. :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->