Marc Jacobs F/W 2006 Bags

i know! isn't that purple one divine??? and with the tortiseshell frame....ahhhhhhhh....so pretty...the one thing worryies me, is the fact it looks to be suede....

you could probably email either/call MJ boutiques or elux or something and ask them when they expect to start receiving fall bags. i do believe there is an item/style number on the MJ site for each outfit and acessory

jun3machina said:
i know! isn't that purple one divine??? and with the tortiseshell frame....ahhhhhhhh....so pretty...the one thing worryies me, is the fact it looks to be suede....

you could probably email either/call MJ boutiques or elux or something and ask them when they expect to start receiving fall bags. i do believe there is an item/style number on the MJ site for each outfit and acessory

I have had good luck with suede bags in the past - I spray them with a protectant and then use a suede brush on them. I have a suede Prada that I carried incessantly for 2 years and it still looks good. I just LOVE that purple!! I imagine they will be coming out in July. I'll hunt for the style # and then see what I can find out! Thanks for posting the pics jun :flower: .

^_^ uh oh, i foresee more damage to my bank account again. the purple is simply to die for.
And i kinda like the size of the shiny mini "stam"

Last edited by a moderator:
These threads are SO dangerous!! I absolutely love the purple suede one..I'm am seriously going broke with all these bag purchases!!:lol:
Does anyone know how much the purple one is going for or rather will go for?

Marc Jacobs A/W '06

I am definitely digging some these: (pics from style.com)

00220m.jpg

00110m.jpg

00230m.jpg

00430m.jpg

00540m.jpg
00570m.jpg

What do you all think?

i really like the fourth one, but maybe not enough to buy it.

maybe if it comes in something other than the suede shown there.

random question, but are they still making their classic line?
ie. multipocket, venetia, sophia, stella, blake etc?

cloud9 said:
random question, but are they still making their classic line?
ie. multipocket, venetia, sophia, stella, blake etc?

yes, i've seen venetias, blakes, multipockets in many places- nordstroms, NM, saks, eluxury, etc.

Fall '06 bags are on the mj site now! but no prices :( I want the east/west stam or stam hobo!

Have you all seen the pics of A/W MJ bags in the current edition of Bazaar? They show the purple suede one. I am totally in love with it - the hunt is on! Also - the orange wide wale corduroy is nice. Neither of those are shown on the MJ website for some reason - wonder what's up with that? There are some new bag on the website however - love the frame bags with the tortoise shell rings and frame. Don't quite understand the faux lock hardware - they should have just gone ahead and attached a strap to it and made it functional IMO.

jan- i totally agree! they look so good in the bazaar. the only thing is the purple suede looks almost corduroy....maybe it's a bad picture, or it's the stitching that makes the nap not as obvious? i also don't understand why the bag is not on the mj site!? :huh:

here are two pics from the june issue of elle magazine (with mandy moore looking super 60's chic on the cover)

the second pic price got cut off, but the bag retails for $2,150, and the first one (orange) is $1,850.....quite a jump from the stam price:blink:

Attachments

• elle scan.jpg
    elle scan.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 56
  • elle Mj scan.jpg
    elle Mj scan.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 42
^jun, thanks for the scan! :flower:

I love the purple suede bag..but it's a HUGE jump in price indeed!! :shock:

I like the purple one as well, but does anyone think that chains are getting played out? I'm always paranoid about tarnish (and back pain and metal shoulder straps digging in.)

wow...i hadn't noticed the price tag...i really think that mj, fendi, derek lam and all the other accessories designers need to come down to earth. pricing at $2000 is not a great idea. $1200-$1400 is the sweet spot for a sold-out bag. just because the spy broke the $2000 mark does not mean that people are now willing to throw a couple thousand bucks at any container.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->