Marc Jacobs F/W 2006 Bags

I love all the bags from this collection!! They are completely fantastic :woot:

ilovepositano said:
wow...i hadn't noticed the price tag...i really think that mj, fendi, derek lam and all the other accessories designers need to come down to earth. pricing at $2000 is not a great idea. $1200-$1400 is the sweet spot for a sold-out bag. just because the spy broke the $2000 mark does not mean that people are now willing to throw a couple thousand bucks at any container.

That's exactly it, Posi! They're using the price of the spy as the jumping off point going forward - it will be interesting to see what happens. I predict a decline in sales - unless they plan on limiting the production in order to increase the desirability factor. That would be an interesting marketing strategy at this point - but not a very good one IMO given the rather uncertain economic climate just about everywhere. By the way, I was in Saks today and they had ALOT of MJ bags on the floor - I can't imagine that they will sell them all (or even most of them) before it's time to take S/S mark downs. And.......speaking of derek lam.........if I'm going to spend $2000. for a bag this fall, it might well turn out to be that green bag of his - hope I get the chance to see one IRL.

well said positano....he isn't using exotic skins or 18K gold plated hardware or anything, and i think it is too steep! especially with a tortiseshell plastic looking chain....

bg,com has a bunch of new bags! i like the hudson (last one). :smile: the python ones are yummy too.

Attachments

• BGV8515_mp.jpg
    BGV8515_mp.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 5
  • BGV8517_mp.jpg
    BGV8517_mp.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3
  • BGV8516_mp.jpg
    BGV8516_mp.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2
  • BGV8513_mp.jpg
    BGV8513_mp.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4
  • BGV8512_mp.jpg
    BGV8512_mp.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 6
they are so lovely. they have totally grown on me.

i can only hope they end up in off saks like they usually do, cuz i couldnt ever afford them

i love the hudson in chili...from nordstrom.com

C362077_1.jpg
C362077_2.jpg

$1275, 15 1/2"W x 11 1/2"H x 5"D

i have a crap load of magazine-spread photography featuring these bags as well as the cool new ads by jergan teller....when i have some time, i'll scan them all for you :smile:

the chili color is delish! i didn't realize it was so pretty....on the MJ website the color is not as rich and beautiful. this is making me want to get a Hudson bag. :P

jun - which mag(s) did you see the photos in? :flower:

ithink they had something in vogue, bazzar and elle....cant remember which ones...i subscribe to everything except marie claire and lucky

here's one of the first fall 2006 ads (half of it actually) shot by jergan teller from vogue magazine

Attachments

• MJ ad.jpg
    MJ ad.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 11
and here's a spread from the july 2006 issue of vogue

Attachments

• MJ vogue.jpg
    MJ vogue.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 24
and another scan from the latest issue of harpers bazaar (with a gorgeous lindsay lohan and fushia YSL boa on the cover) july 2006

Attachments

• mj bazaar.jpg
    mj bazaar.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 13
I went insane and pre-ordered that python bag (in the Jergan Teller/Vogue ad above) from Bergdorf Goodman when it was online. The price tag is insane.

I recently divested myself of some high end bags that I hadn't been carrying (a Chloe paddington and Edith, beautiful bags, but if I'm not going to carry them, what's the point?) and so am telling myself there is "room" in the bag budget for the MJ python bag.

It is due to ship in September, I will report back when I am actually looking at the bag, whether it is worth the price!

I'm seriously lusting after the purple suede with the tortoise frame - has anyone seen it IRL or available for sale or pre-sale?

congrats young! i do that too with my bags (but on a lower price range ^_^ )

just discovered the hudson...uh-oh. i promised myself no more bags for about 10 years! do you think it would make a good work bag, and go over the shoulder. (if the answer is yes, i'm in trouble:(lol:

I don't know if this is the place to discuss...I know that MJ does not have any stellas or sophias A/W season but does anyone know if there will be any in S/S 07 or ever? Has anyone seen one anywhere at any stores? Thanks!!

The Chili Hudson is gorgeous!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
pics from style.com - accessory report, New York

Attachments

• 042m.jpg
    042m.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
  • 039m.jpg
    039m.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 045m.jpg
    045m.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 043m.jpg
    043m.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 041m.jpg
    041m.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
i saw someone carrying the black leather one with the tortoise handles (fourth pic in the post above) over the weekend...
it's gorgeous in person...unlike anything else out there...
i wish i could see the python bags...
it's illegal to sell them in CA...

This thread's about due for a bump.. I had to search to find it, it had dropped so far off the radar! :lol:

Have just been drooling over this season's bags on marcjacobs.com.. my favourite is the Trish in Chili. Has anyone bought this, or seen it in real life? It's gorgeous.. any idea on price?

MJTrishChili.jpg

marcjacobs.com

:buzz:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCavendish
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"