Marie-Amélie Sauvé - Stylist

^i'm not really feeling that last editorial but her work is indeed fascinating, i just realised she's styled some of my recent favorite editorials. :heart:

thanks for the thread, karina [let me know if you want to replace the first posts with working images] :flower:

1karina1 said:
^ Wow! Thanks for posting peppi!:flower: You're always brilliant at scouting eds.
Does anyone know the issue of the editorial? The title? And the photographer?

I found out that the photographer is Mikael Jansson but that's all I know..:flower:

Vogue Paris December/January 2006

Une Couture D'Avance
Photo: David Sims
Model: ?

source: scanned by me

She really explores shapes and textures.
The fifth shot of the previous editorial is sublime! :heart:

VogueFR Feb2004
Model:
Liya Kebede.

Style: Marie-Amelie Sauve.
Photographer: Mikael Jansson.

mikaeljanssonvoguefrfebfy5.jpg

VogueFR June1994
Model: Karen Mulder.
Photographer: Unk

i like her much better than carine and emmanuelle
thanks for sharing her beautiful work

I think I like her work :heart:
I've noticed her for a while, especially Caroline Trentini's edito
Alexandra Tomlinson's edito is completely striking, so I guess she could be growing on me!

Vogue Paris February 2007

Au Futur
Photographer: Mario Testino
Model: Freja Beha Erichesen

source: scanned by tfs member Faith Akiyama

NYT Style
styled by Marie-Amelie Sauve

25sporty_slide01.jpg

Personal Best The model Erin Wasson wears a Dries Van Noten dress, $1,425. Go to www.driesvannoten.be. What comes around goes around vintage t-shirt. Go to www.nyvintage.com. Maison Martin Margiela line 11 silk collar. American apparel socks. Chanel shoes.

25sporty_slide02.jpg

Slam Dunk Miu Miu knit cotton mini-dress, $950. At select Miu Miu boutiques. Marni viscose-and-cotton leggings, $324. At Marni, 161 Mercer Street and Los Angeles. American Apparel socks. Maison Martin Margiela line 22 boots.

25sporty_slide03.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier sequin tunic, $1,685. At Ikram, Chicago. Ann-Sofie back shorts, $690. At Henri Bendel. American Apparel socks. Chanel shoes.

25sporty_slide04.jpg

Scoring Points Maison Martin Margiela show collection silk striped top, $745. At Maison Martin Margiela, 803 Greenwich Street. Michael Kors Trompe L’oeil swimsuit, $198. At Michael Kors stores. Maxmara stretch silk drape skirt, $550. At Maxmara, Beverly Hills, Calif., and Palm Beach, Fla. Maison Martin Margiela line 11 belt. Absolute Vintage socks and shoes.

25sporty_slide05.jpg

Maison Martin Margiela show collection bodice, $315, wrap shorts, $545, and skirt, $775. Absolute Vintage socks and shoes.

nytimes.com

^ Karma peppi!:heart:
I love it when an editorial is built around one item, ie. sporty knee-high socks:P
Does anyone know who the photographer is?

i-D editorial showcasing the SS07 collection for Balenciaga.
Ph by: Paolo Roversi
Styling: Marie Amelie Sauve

scanned by J'ador-Dior

Another Magazine Spring 2007
The Future is Private
Photography by Alasdair McLellan; styling by Marie-Amelie Sauve

fashion_screen at livejournal.com

Karma mariemaud!:heart: I love seeing Marie-Amelie's work from magazines other than Vogue Paris. It's interesting to note how different her work changes with different photographers and creative team ^_^

1karina1 said:
Karma mariemaud!:heart: I love seeing Marie-Amelie's work from magazines other than Vogue Paris. It's interesting to note how different her work changes with different photographers and creative team ^_^

Her work sort of annoys me...if there is any story being told it is too existential for me to get. I mean, I love the clothes and the photography, but the context is too literal for me to fall in love with. Someone mentioned shape. I see that, obviously. One shoot was titled, "Action"...uh huh...it just seems so sparse and not in an allegorical way. She is just too much of a purist for me. I think that fashion has more of a mass appeal (and Lord knows I wish more people would appreciate it) if the industry gives it a palpable context, a story, an illusion, an escape...but something meaty that the viewer can really sink their teeth into. Her work just doesn't have that for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SebBlack
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->