• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marie-Amélie Sauvé - Stylist

Thank you for the Palais de Tokyo editorial, perhaps we need to start a thread for the photographer David Armstrong who has quite interesting past, he is Nan Goldin's friend and I have understood that they worked closely in the 80s.
I like Marie Amelie's styling, it is usually easy to recognize amidst others.

I did it...
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f71/david-armstrong-photographer-67276.html
I don't know if he worked with Golding but they exhibited together....

This is the first time I post in her thread, but I have to say I've admired her styling job for quite a time! Her editorial stylings are interesting and inspiring at the same time! I love her work especially those from Vogue Paris!

Vogue US April 2008
Caroline Trentini
"Just Beachy" (And Vogue Index)
Ph. Patrick Demarchelier
Fashion Editor: Marie-Amelie Sauve:shock:

scanned by faith

It's just a little bit odd to see her work in vogue us:ninja:

Arena Homme+ 08SS
Purity of Intent
Photographer:David Sims
Stylist:
Marie-Amelie Sauve

scanned by a.t.:flower:

btw..i think mod should change the name of this thread..it should be"marie amelie sauve--stylist"..she's not a french vogue exclusive..she also works for new york times style magazine,vogue nippon.arena homme,another magazine,vogue italia and etc....and even vogue us now:blink:

According to Fashionweekdaily.com, she will be at Interview magazine come this September, and I believe it will be to the same capacity she was when she was at French Vogue.

I love that edit she styled with Christy.T for Vogue Paris 2001 Aug :heart:

According to Fashionweekdaily.com, she will be at Interview magazine come this September, and I believe it will be to the same capacity she was when she was at French Vogue.

Will she be in exclusivity at Interview?
Like Karl Templer....
I guess I'll have to buy Interview more often, now, too....

I don't understand this : I believe it will be to the same capacity she was when she was at French Vogue.

Will she be in exclusivity at Interview?
Like Karl Templer....
I guess I'll have to buy Interview more often, now, too....

I don't understand this : I believe it will be to the same capacity she was when she was at French Vogue.

from Fashionweekdaily.com:

Marie-Amélie Sauvé, editor-at-large at French Vogue and a consultant at Balenciaga, has joined the fashion team at Interview in a freelance capacity. She starts in September.

I meant that she will be freelancing, the same way she does at French Vogue, as she contributes to so many other publications.

Vogue Paris June/July 2008 (HQs)

Maîtresse Mode
Photographed by David Sims
Styled by Marie-Amélie Sauvé

scanned by Diorette

Vogue Paris October 2002
Photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Model Ann Catherine Lacroix

wow i love how this editorial manages to express the very essence of M-A Sauve styling, her unmistakable take on structure of clothings, the shape, the silhouette. It feels sharp and even architectural in some way but still she can make it work, looking sexy and sensual. Something to say a story, not just to make a statement.
thank you for the scans

Phi F/W 08.09 : Coco Rocha and Karen Elson by Steven Meisel
2zzhrf5.jpg

Quote:
Since Susan Dell formed Phi in 2003, the fashion label has been quietly fine-tuning its DNA as a distinctly modernist, urban collection with innovative structural details.

After a rocky start, which had Andreas Melbostad replace Tim Gardner at the creative helm at launch time in 2004, and several seasons in which the brand has been largely under the fashion radar, at least Stateside, Phi executives now feel the time is right to bring their message to a wider audience. This fall, the brand will unveil its first print ad campaign, shot by Steven Meisel.

Meisel photographed the ads, which were styled by Marie-Amelie Sauve and art-directed by Ronnie Cooke Newhouse. The campaign features six images of Karen Elson and Coco Rocha posing as modern-day Vargas girls against a crisp white background. Considering Phi's urban edge, the images have a surprisingly humorous bent — a deliberate move, Melbostad said, to show the collection also has a light touch.

"The creative brief was to push the brand image of the ad campaign to the limit, to be arresting," Hansen said.

The campaign breaks in Vogue this August, with additional placements following in W; the fashion issue of T: The New York Times Magazine; Vanity Fair; French, Russian, Japanese and British Vogues; ID and Pop magazines, and a possible placement in the International Herald Tribune during the collections season.

"When you put together the runway imagery, the image set forth by the store and the ads, it rounds out the thoughts we put into the collection," Melbostad said.
wwd

via Kimair in Ad campains thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->