Marine Serre S/S 2021 Paris

My problem with this, apart from the blatant copies of JPG's archival pieces, is that this is not even extravagant. It has no soul, it says nothing, there is no concept or idea, maybe apart from getting likes on Instagram. I don't get how this can be a sustainable business.

I need this brand to go away now. It's really an emblem of how quickly one can burn out on a kitschy concept & logo. There's nothing here.

The moon-print bodysuit is a big hit so she's not going anywhere for a while...

She is absolutely shameless copying Gaultier's Vasarely dresses from Fall 1995. Vogue literally just did a mini-documentary on that show, her clientele may be dumb/blind but I'm not.

Even the way she presented the collection, as a character wardrobe info sheet for a sci-fi movie, reeks of Gaultier´s wardrobe for "The Fifth Element"!!

Next logical step would be to change her name to "Jeanne-Marine Serre"...

It’s like a mix of everything considered too edgy in the 90’s. Marine worked with Demna and Demna’s fashion identity is based on Margiela...It seems logical that she copies the spiritual father of Martin.

If I was Gaultier, I would release limited editions of my past hits. It could totally have a place at DSM, LBM, GL and even some others stores in Asia and in the US!

Marine is opportunistic and I don’t mind that. I just think she needs to introduce a creative language that does go beyond the logos.

Pushing waaaaay to hard transhumanism with those diabolic masks.I still think we are individuals despite all those sheeps around me.This looks like ultra cheap mess.Ideal for Kardashians

Am I the only one who loves this? She's a great new voice/force. Sure, I see your JPG point, but we all start from somewhere.... She came out with her own thing though, and
deserves all the praise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->