Marni Over-The-Knee-Boots?

Reaction score
Hi!
I adore the low-heel, over-the-knee boots from Marni's 2003 collection!
(They are pictured here: http://community.webshots.com/album/89809073PPTWRk

Does anybody know anywhere online that I might be able to buy them from?
I would also be very grateful for advice of anything similar to the Marni boots, but from this years' collection.

(I particularly liked these boots because of their lovely shade of brown leather, but also because they had a tight fit around the ankle and becuase they were high enough to look good on my long legs! My size is 37.)

Why, oh why didn't I buy them last season when I saw them in a shop???!!!:(

Hope you can help!
Many thanks
Jo

They were in Harrods sale for the second time last year.

They might surface again this year.

Xa

Thanks for the tip Xa, I'll look out for them at Harrods there during the sales..!

Just missed a pair of these on eBay! Somebody bought them in mid-October, what a pity I didn't think to look there earlier.
Jo

Hi, Joanna,

I go to Harrods sale most years. Actually, I think they have a load of stuff they bring out each year, put on sale, and see how much they can grab for it. The price reductions are adequate, but IMHO, no bargains. Should the boots not sell, they seem to get unceremoniously bunged back into a big box, only to appear the next year even more beaten-up.

I bought a pair (which I love) direct from Marni in '03, so I keep seeing those at Harrods and bemoan their fate. Mine have been worn more often, but they are in much better condition because I look after them.

Best of luck.

Xa

Hi Xa, I don't often go to the sales for exactly the reason you mention; the things on sale are often several years old and quite battered. Plus I am often away when the sales are on, and I get stressed out by the crowds..

I definitely would make an exception for these boots though! That would give me a chance to try them on to make sure I got the right size! Buying them online (particularly if there is no possibility of a return) is really risky. I could end up paying quite a lot of money for something that was un-useable because it was the wrong size...!

Somebody from the States got in touch because she owns a pair of these boots in 37.5 (This is at least 0.5 size larger than what I normally wear. Sometimes my size is smaller). She was willing to sell them and I am considering what to respond.

The easiest thing would be if these boots magically appeared at Yoox (which has a good return policy) but I think Yoox only sells collections from the current season.(?) Thanks for your advice! Jo

if she s got them in 37.5 and u really want them, u should buy them. half a size is nothing in boots sometimes i even buy boots 2 sizes bigger when i really really want them and can t find my size

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->