MDC (Models.com) Rankings

M

martinaonrocks

I was just wondering how accurate you all think the top 50 is on MODELS.com.. I've checked out that site for a long time and that's how I know most of the models, but I noticed in the top 50 I don't think (correct me if I missed it) they even mentioned Louise P., and maybe some others.. I know there have been a lot of "top/favorite model" threads.. but I was really just curious if you all would agree with it, just wondering if maybe it's biased or something? Thanks:wink:

Top 50
http://models.com/model_culture/50topmodels/index.cfm

.com

the important thing to know is:

a) that list is just someones OPINION like any list. its subjective, interpretive, its NOT FACTUAL. its not based on any statistics.

b) models. com is constantly kissing up to certain agencies, magazines, photogs, advertisers & even models. In fact that list is SO biased, you have to take it with a great deal of skepticism.
They are also slow to promote new new girls into top 10-20, often keeping girls in top 20 who were hot THREE years ago but are NOT now.

I will post an alternative top 20 list soon & compare it wiith theirs & point out what I think are flaws in their system.

c) again its NOT fact based- its OPINIONS.

PS louise is at NUMBER EIGHT which actually is about where I would place her now!!! but some people would say she should be between 10-15 in jan 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you very much! i never knew what to think about that list:smile:

Why is Emina stil at #50 under Solange when she was in almost all of the couture shows this week ???

Terrima183 said:
Why is Emina stil at #50 under Solange when she was in almost all of the couture shows this week ???

Sometimes I don't understand this list. For instance, I think that Cintia should be much higher than she currently is. (#49) :huh:

I think they put some of the older girls like Dewi and Anouck too high. They still work, but not as much as the new girls like Cintia.

it seems that most of the time they "update" it, it's to change a model's pic or switch like two peoples' positions at the most.. I also remember for daria's profile thing, they had "expect to see this girl everywhere in the next three months" for like 2 years until they finally changed it like very recently

That list is just OK, not too accurate, some models are placed in a totally wrong order. Like Caroline Ribeiro is placed too high, Natalia Gostiyi too low, Dewi too high, Raquel Zimmerman is placed way too high (how can she be at no 6 while Mariacarla B is no 15!??!!! :blink: )............

The Men`s Section is NO WAY ACCURATE!

Shaun DeWet is No. 3 since like a year -even in times when he doesn`t work a lot- while other VERY VISIBLE Models dweel in the upper places...

I wonder WHERE the claimed "visibility" is measured...they actually list Models that I have only seen once (in print)...

lady grey said:
the important thing to know is:

b) models. com is constantly kissing up to certain agencies, magazines, photogs, advertisers & even models. In fact that list is SO biased, you have to take it with a great deal of skepticism.

AMEN! :flower:

They definitly rate ALL Elite Models too high and the fabulous Bananas Guys :heart: too low!
F.e. Santiago Montero meanwhile has the triple amount of Ads than Shaun DeWet but lays like 10 places behind him!

I disagree with some of the placings, but for the most part it seems fairly accurate, considering of course the fact that (as lady_grey said) it probably is biased :flower:

ms_prissy said:
didn't see natalia or liya anywhere on that list. what about yasmin?

natalia and liya are on the other list of top 15....something..its on the page before you view the top 50

thanks for clueing me into that! lol, i was wondering what these MDC folks were thinking.

models.comical

the rule to remember is: ITS SOMEONES OPINION. NOT BASED ON ANY STATISTICS OR MONEY OR ANYTHING.
so YOUR opinion or mine is JUST AS VALID!!

next, they keep girls who were hot 1-2 years/seasons ago in the top slots even when NEWER girls are placed FAR below where they really are NOW.
they put polina at #27! and poly is at #10! I think they are almost EQUAL now!
they put buswell at #33!!!! shes in my top 10!!
they put cameron at #28 shes higher now.
they put winberg at #16! shes a top 10 girl!
stam's at #10 but heather's at #20- I think heather is much closer to stam than that!

and there are 'older' girls I dont want to diss now but they have no business being in the top 25-35 but MDC keeps them there FOREVER! cos they are kissing up to AGENCIES models & ADVERTISERS/accounts & magazines/editors/publishers!!

MDC is sooooo BIASED!!

anyway everyone will have a diff top 10 or 20 so I encourage everyone HERE to post a top 10-25 every month & lets compare to stagnant, outdated MDC.

their biggest crime is keeping new girls down. buswell #33?? polina #27?
what a joke!!

CAN SOMEBODY SHOW ME WHERE NATALIA IS???
What 'special category' did they create for her? gisele? liya?
vanity fair said natalia is 'the top model opf the new century'
[since vogue & VF are conde nast/advance & anna wintour has money invested in natalia/daria/liya/KK/eugenia being pervasive {whoops dont spill the beans!} ]

Your/My Top ten is JUST as valid as MDC!!!

It's funny since the list makes no sense right now.

I mean the hottest models right now are Natasha Poly, Lily Donaldson, Gemma Ward and Daria Werbowy. And half of them aren't even in the top 5.

Also, Julia Stegner, Erin Wasson star power have been slowly fading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->