Melbourne shopping

^ I have no idea! Expensive!

I wish I could convince myself to spend my money on a bag! I'm paying for schoolies instead!

im not going on schoolies sooooooo maybe i could use the rhetoric that cos im not paying 4 schoolies i could buy a chanel bag?!?!
:wink: catch my drift?

can anybody tell me,where I can buy loubuotin shoes in melbourne?
thx u

Well i've been away from melbourne for over 2 years now! and i'm going to be back in a month or two!... I am a little concerned as I am in love with FRED PERRY of late and i have no idea where i can find their SHOES (most important!) in Melbourne... Additionally, does anyone know anywhere in Brisbane/Gold Coast which carries the brand?! OR OR OR online even?!
i'm desperate to get my hands on a certain black pair!...

what is hot these days?! i suspect i'm going to be super duper out of the loop!
and last but not least! i'm looking for an apartment or share house! if anyone has any leeds... how much rent might cost, how much time might i need to find a place etc! that would be super duper helpful!!!

thanks a lot!
cliff

Superem,
I think the Chanel bag will be between AUD2000 and 3000.... i was just flipping through a mag today.. but the prices were in Taiwanese Dollars...
but designer stuff always tends to be about 30% more expensive in australia compared to europe, asia or usa...

Monsieur said:
Well i've been away from melbourne for over 2 years now! and i'm going to be back in a month or two!... I am a little concerned as I am in love with FRED PERRY of late and i have no idea where i can find their SHOES (most important!) in Melbourne... Additionally, does anyone know anywhere in Brisbane/Gold Coast which carries the brand?! OR OR OR online even?!
i'm desperate to get my hands on a certain black pair!...

what is hot these days?! i suspect i'm going to be super duper out of the loop!
and last but not least! i'm looking for an apartment or share house! if anyone has any leeds... how much rent might cost, how much time might i need to find a place etc! that would be super duper helpful!!!

thanks a lot!
cliff

thx u Monsieur...:flower:

I just got back from Melbourne yesterday. Spent a week trawling Melbourne Central and South Yarra and another week in Portsea. I LOVE Brunswick street- it's very bohemian, loads of vinatge clothes. There's even a Shag boutique there. I bought loads of my stuff from Australian designers though- Arthur Galan, Collette Dinnigan, Witchery, Bettina Liaono, Peter Alexander. The summer sales are so worth it. I also ended up buying alot bath products, cosmetics and toiletries. Kit on Chapel Street just launched Jemma Kidd's make-up lineso I bought some of those.

The weather's a little whacked up though. It was 34 degrees one day and 12 degress ther next. It's suppose to be summer but many people were in boots and coats so yeah. And Melbourne's facing the worst drought in 100 years so water restrictions are in place.

Does anyone know a great deal about Figure 8 in Melbourne, down Flinders Lane? with regards to which lines they carry etc... any help most appreciated!

I'm sorry Jhaime, I have no idea. If I ever pass by I will check, but I doubt that will be soon...

The weather's a little whacked up though. It was 34 degrees one day and 12 degress ther next. It's suppose to be summer but many people were in boots and coats so yeah. And Melbourne's facing the worst drought in 100 years so water restrictions are in place.

Haha yes, Melbourne has the most unpredictable weather! It can be frustrating at times...but who doesn't love a little variety!

this thread is sooo helpful!
exactly what i was looking for.
i'm going to melb in a couple of months & wanted to find out all the quirky places to shop. thought it would take me ages to find out where good shops were. but it only took this thread!
thank you everyone that contributed.
im sooo excited now.

any good nightclubs i should check out? I just turned 18, so i'll be very keen to check out the hotspots! :smile:

Pris, i live in melb and ive learnt heaps from this thread!!! haha

im more of a bar girl myself - brunswick st and small laneways in the city. my friends are into clubs like seven (near the national gallery), boutique (greville st) and clickclick (??) which i suspect have more of a younger crowd

heading to gertrude st tomorrow - so excited!!! also, have heard/read of some small boutiques around the lygon st area but can't remember the names of them - can any melbournites help?

thanks,
em:P

haha thats awesome em, if u live in melb and have been able to learn from this thread that hopefully means some of the places mentioned are pretty hidden? i want to find really unique things, i'm from Perth & everyone just seems to have the same stuff, i want to bring lots of original things back! so no shopping in sportsgirl for me. (even though i love sportsgirl, dont get me wrong haha).

i just wrote out a list of 15 places i have to check out. I'm only there for 10 days. uh oh. haha.

thanks for the suggestions of bars etc. will definately check some of them out! I just want to go dancing!! haha

Nightclubs? I think I can help out.
You might like to try Metro or QBH on Saturdays which are the biggest nightclubs in Melbourne. There is a bit of an entry fee but they are very popular spots for the younger crowd and tend to get in top notch DJs.
On Tuesdays, The Glenferrie and The Hawthorn are the place to be...everyone gathers there for cheap drinks, pool, dancing, outdoor lounges etc. The Hawthorn is larger and nicer than the Glenferrie.
Thursdays are 'uni nights' so a lot of young people out then too...try Boutique, Seven...ummm anywhere! Superem mentioned Click Click...which I have never been to, but they tend to attract a more alternative/emo crowd.
In the city, there are lots of cool laidback lounge-bar type things like The Lounge, St Jerome's, Cookie, Transport Lounge in Fed Square etc. Just have a wander (not on your own!)
Have fun!

*bump* I'm heading to Melbourne in a few weeks and I would appreciate an update from Melbourne girls and guys on shops and bars with an alternative slant (and in the case of bars a mid-twenties and up crowd?) Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to Melbourne too at the end of July. I know of a few cool boutiques but I'd also like some recommendations too:

I'm planning on going to:
Lion In Love (Flinders Lane)
Kids In Berlin (North Melbourne)
Lady (Flinders Lane)
John Citizen ( Fitzroy)
Muscrats Vintage Studio (Fitzroy)
Down Yonder (South Yarra)
Pussycat Black (Brunswick)
Rude Health ( St Kilda)
American Rag (Southgate)
Episode Warehouse (Brunswick)
Hunter Gatherer ( Fitzroy/St Kilda)
Jael's Wardrobe (North Melbourne)
Joachim and Anna (St Kilda)
Mio Tesano ( South Yarra )
Muff Clothing (Queen Vic Markets)
Savers (Brunswick)
Retrostar(Swanston Street)

anywhere else that's a must? I like Indie labels, affordable quirky pieces and vintage. I'm from Perth where we have next to nothing so i'm excited to actually get to go shopping!

^ thanks for that! I'm totally looking forward to checking out Savers. It has quite a reputation to live up to!

Savers Brunswick is a must :heart:
I didn't know people outta Melbourne knew about it though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->