Paris Vintage Shopping

mariemaud

Reaction score
I've a request, I have friend who goes in Paris next month and she asked me where she could find some good adresses for clothes shopping, I gave her the adresses I had but I have no good adresses for Vintage clothes shops, if anyone could help me
TIA :flower:

Mariemaud, check www.gridskipper.com, they have done a lot of features on shopping in Paris. These are all from the site:
Yukiko, 97, Rue Vieille du Temple 75003 Paris, France 01 42 71 13 41
The very girly Yukiko boutique on the rue Vieille du Temple has an exquisite, well-edited selection of Grace Kellyesque clothes and accessories. Ladies in need of vintage purses, jewelry, shoes, dresses, and other… accessories, including fur muffles or a vintage mink vest (pictured), need look no further. Yukiko also produces a small line of vintage-inspired pieces, like a delicate gold chain strung with mink fur pompoms.

Matières à réflexion, 19, Rue Poitou 75003 Paris, France 01 42 72 16 31
At Matières à réflexion on the rue du Poitou, you can find made-to-measure bags and accessories fashioned from recycled vintage leather jackets. Each original, unique, and numbered piece incorporates an original… element such as a button or a pocket. And if you're fed up with your own leather jacket, bring it in and they'll turn it into a bag.

Esprit Vinyle, 57, Rue de Saintonge 75003 Paris, France 01 42 71 55 95
At Esprit Vinyle on rue de Saintonge, you can find new clothing, jewelry, and accessories, plus a selection of vintage shoes, boots, bags, and clothes including labels like Chloé, Isabel Marant, Christophe Lemaire,… and Vanessa Bruno. The boutique prides itself on selling designer jewelry made exclusively in Parisian ateliers.

Quidam de Revel, 26, Rue Poitou 75003 Paris, France 01 42 71 53 60
An appointment-only vintage boutique in two adjacent storefronts on the rue de Poitou, Le Quidam de Revel sells and rents a mix of haute couture and ready to wear clothing, plus jewelry, handbags, luggage, and objects… from the 1920s to the 1970s. Here you can find names like Cardin, Dior, Lanvin, and Pucci, plus a mix of 18th-century and Modernist jewelry.

Mamz'Elle Swing, 35, Rue du Roi de Sicile 75004 Paris, France 01 48 87 04 06
Owner Bérénice offers vintage clothes, shoes, and accessories from 1900 to 1980 at Mamz'Elle Swing on rue du Roi de Sicile. Those not in Paris can order one-of-a-kind items -- like a vintage Hermès scarf or a 1980 Christian Dior bathing suit -- from her online boutique.

Mode de Vue, 53, Rue Turenne 75003 Paris, France 01 42 77 02 88
For vintage and designer sunglasses from the 1950s to the present -- including Marc Jacobs, Yves Saint Laurent, and Prada -- visit Mode de Vue on rue de Turenne. As licensed opticians, they can also outfit your… sunglasses with prescription lenses. Open daily.

Wochdom, 72 Rue Condorcet 75009 Paris, France
A Parisian vintage-shopper's paradise; the name is verlan (slang French method of inverting words to create idiomatic expressions) for show mode. Wochdom outlets across the street from one another… specialize in shoes and accessories and (mainly) women's clothing. The decor is done entirely in black, so the clothes and shoes really pop!

Free P Star, 8 Ste-Croix-de-la-Bretonnerie 75004 Paris, France 01 42 76 03 72 If you're looking for one-of-a-kind pieces that appeal to the Parisian trendsetters, look no further. One of the neighborhood's better-kept secrets, Free 'P' Star, is a veritable gem of Marais vintage shopping. Not for the claustrophobic, the boutique is cluttered with a broad selection of good pieces. And the prices make this fashionable hideaway more than worth the trek. While the shop might not be as organized as some other vintage spots, Free 'P' Star makes up for it in classic Parisian charm.

Try these links as well:
http://gridskipper.com/travel/paris/paris-city-of-bargains-217926.php
http://gridskipper.com/travel/paris/paris-consignment-shopping-237139.php
http://gridskipper.com/travel/paris/marais-vintage-fashion-281139.php

thank you so much for your answer:kiss:, it's so helpful :flower::heart:
My friend will be happy with that

Ressurecting a very old thread - I'm so suprised its so empty!

I'm in Paris for summer - and was wondering if any Parisiens/Parisiennes could offer their local advice as to vintage shops or vintage markets?

Merci beaucoup!

There's this amazing book with the addresses of the best vintage shops in Paris, written in english and french: http://www.amazon.fr/Paris-vintage-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279729985&sr=8-2

2rcpvev.jpg

amazon.fr

Here is THE vintage store, where Rachel Zoe was in RZP series

It must be the best.

Location: 20 Galerie de Montpensier, 75001 Paris, France (Prêt-à-Porter)
Location: 24 Galerie de Montpensier, 75001 Paris, France (Couture)
Location: 125, Galerie de Valois, Jardin du Palais Royal, 75001 Paris France (LBDs)

Hi everybody :flower:
I will be in Paris at the end of this month and I was wondering if you guys know some vintage\second hand shop where you can rent clothes: I'm a stylist and I'm actually planning to organize a shooting in Paris. I don't have much of a budget so any tips for economics shops would be great. :smile:
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->