Michiel Huisman

HeatherAnne

Reaction score
This beautiful Dutchman is starting to blowup in a big way, and best of all the fashion industry is taking notice with a recent editorial shot by Will Davidson and an upcoming Chanel N°5 campaign with Gisele.

261bx1u.jpg

Michiel Huisman
(born 18 July 1981) is a Dutch television and film actor. He was the lead singer and guitarist of the Dutch band Fontane. He starred in the HBO series Treme as Sonny, a drug-addicted musician. He has a recurring role on Nashville as bad-boy music producer Liam McGuinnis.

Huisman was born near Amsterdam in Amstelveen, North Holland.
He was a part of the Dutch band Fontane. The band consisted of Huisman, Roland van der Hoofd, Gilles Tuinder and Bas van Geldere. They made music for the Dutch films Costa! and Full Moon Party (in both of which Huisman played a starring role). The band later split up and Huisman decided to pursue music on his own.

He had a part in the 2006 Dutch film Black Book, starring fellow Dutch actress and good friend Carice van Houten.

He played Rudolf Nureyev in the BBC drama Margot opposite Anne-Marie Duff as Dame Margot Fonteyn which aired in 2009. In the same year he portrayed Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha in The Young Victoria, a dramatization of early reign of Queen Victoria.

Huisman played the role of Sonny, a busker who plays keyboards and guitar, in the HBO series Treme (2010-2014). He was taught New Orleans piano by local Davis Rogan for the series. Rogan was the inspiration for Davis McAlary, the character played by Steve Zahn.

In September 2013, it was confirmed that Huisman will take over the role of Daario Naharis in the fourth season (2014) of Game of Thrones The role was previously played by actor Ed Skrein.

In 2013, it was confirmed that Huisman will have a recurring role on the second season of Orphan Black. He will be portraying the character Cal Morrison, a rugged outdoorsman who crosses paths with the clones. The season started broadcast in April 2014.

Huisman first met his wife, fellow Dutch actress Tara Elders, on the set of Phileine Says Sorry in 2003. On 9 June 2007, Elders gave birth to a daughter, Hazel Huisman. The couple were married in a private ceremony around February 2008. Huisman and Elders both starred in two short films directed by Dirk Tuinder, Funny Dewdrop (2007) and Winterland (2009).

wikipedia
picture from imdb

Glamour US August 2014
Field of Dreams

Photographer: Will Davidson
Fashion Editor: Jillian Davison
Hair: Shintaro Teraoka for Next Artists
Make-up: Chinho Omae for Frank Reps
Production: Peter McClafferty
Prop Stylist: Lisa Bazadona

Model + Actor: Valentina Zeliaeva + Michiel Huisman

Source: fashionscansremastered.net via meidude

Gisele Bundchen & Michiel Huisman for Chanel N°5

show.nl

He is also the first & only guy that appeared on Dutch Elle (limited edition September 2012)

elle.nl

Last edited by a moderator:
he is very handsome and a seemingly good actor. I really like him as Keira's dad on Orphan Black, but as Daario Naharis it's tragic. He doesn't pull of the kind of confidence that the character has to be able to talk to Daenerys the way he does.

I think I first noticed him in this obscure indie movie called Unmade Beds. the movie wasn't that great but he did make an impression on me, so I'm glad that he is getting much more work. I look forward to seeing more of him

Didn't know he that he would be in the new Chanel N°5 campaign :woot: :woot:.
He's so charismatic.

L'Officiel Hommes Netherlands #8 Fall / Winter 2014.1

'MR. MICHIEL HUISMAN'

Ph: Petrovsky & Ramone
Styling: Ilaria Urbinati

ddlfiles.net thanks to Flashbang :flower:

US Vogue October 2014

Performance Pieces
Model: Vanessa Axente & Michiel Huisman
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Tonne Goodman

glossynewsstand.com thanks to Oxymore

Talking to Chanel’s New Leading Man Michiel Huisman
Today Chanel released its dreamy new N°5 film, The One That I Want, starring supermodel Gisele Bündchen and actor Michiel Huisman. Huisman is quickly becoming the actor du jour, appearing in Reese Witherspoon’s highly anticipated movie Wild this December, in the romantic drama The Age of Adaline with Blake Lively coming out next year, and most notably, as Khaleesi’s lover Daario Naharis in Game of Thrones. We caught up with Huisman over the phone yesterday, while he was busy filming the new season of Game of Thrones in Belfast, to talk about his experience shooting the Baz Luhrmann–directed ad campaign.

How did you become involved in The One That I Want?
Well, I think that’s something that Baz and the casting director had been thinking up. To me it was quite a surprise actually. Between finding out that there was interest in me for this little film and actually flying out to New York to start shooting it, I think maybe 48 hours or less went by.

How was it working with Baz?
It was fantastic. I never even saw a script. He just wanted to have Gisele and me in the room and talk us through the story that he had in mind, take us by the hand and lead us in this little Chanel journey. I think he’s one of the great directors of our time and after working with him for a couple of days, I completely understand his passion. It was contagious and fun to be in an actor in front of his lens. Any time he reconsiders a role, I hope he knows where to find me!

How was this experience different from shooting shows such as Orphan Black and Game of Thrones?
First of all, they’re really trying to nail perfection in every shot. It would take half a day to get a little shot right and with shows you just don’t have the time to do that. It’s also different in that there was no dialogue in the film so it made it a little dreamier and artsier.

Were you familiar with Chanel beforehand?
Yes of course! I think anyone who has ever been aware of how people look, I mean they just have such a strong, classy, brand. To be part of that is an honor—and my wife, of course, loved it too.

vogue.com

Towel Series 63 by Mario Testino
image.jpg

Instagram Mario Testino

Yummie! :wub:

I love him and I'm glad to see him on the cover of Vogue but this is super cheesy :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->