Miu Miu F/W 04.05 : Maggie Gyllenhaal by Terry Richardson

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
New campaign was shot by Terry Richardson and styled by Katie Grand.

here's the ad:

Attachments

• maggie.jpg
    maggie.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 79
:o ...OMG!!!...i :heart: it!!!....i love the make up....

look at the kitty!!!!.......

thx so much for the post!!!! :clap:

I think this is a perfect pairing. She definitely has that "quirky" sense to her that Miucca has as well. Everybody here discussed it in the "crest whites style awards" thread. I think the ads look great, but in the one with the kitty here eyes seem too dark. Other than that, I think it's great.

awesome ad campaign. I love them all.... terry and maggie and miu miu

Originally posted by purechris@Jun 17th, 2004 - 5:09 pm
I think this is a perfect pairing. She definitely has that "quirky" sense to her that Miucca has as well.
agreed---couldn't think of anyone better for this line

From fashionwiredaily.com:

With smoky eyes and glistening lips, a beguiling Maggie Gyllenhaal is adding a dose of glamour to Miu Miu’s advertising. Both Gyllenhaal, a champ of Hollywood’s young alternative set, and British actor Jamie Bell, best known and loved as the toe-tapping Billy Elliot, have been selected as the new faces for the Italian brand’s Fall/Winter campaign. Photographed in New York by Terry Richardson and styled by Miuccia favorite Katie Grand, the ads feature four images of each actor in various states of undone spontaneity. Up and coming acting talent is nothing new for the house of Miu Miu. In 1995, Drew Barrymore was shot by Ellen von Unwerth and the following year, a young Chloe Sevigny was photographed by Jurgen Teller for the brand.

Attachments

• gyll.jpeg
    gyll.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 33
I was just thinking you'd like it Purple. But no...?

I like the concept but somehow it seems 1dimensional. I wanna see it larger, I think it may change m perspective on it - give it more energy

maybe we should merge these posts - This deefinitly gives more background, and depth, to the photos

I like the add with Maggie even though I am not a huge fan of hers. However, I am not sure about the Jamie Bell add...he seems uncomfortable w/posing. Maybe it's just me? :unsure:

Originally posted by Alliecat@Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:18 pm
I was just thinking you'd like it Purple. But no...?

I like the concept but somehow it seems 1dimensional. I wanna see it larger, I think it may change m perspective on it - give it more energy
So did I, actually. :ninja:
I like Maggie Gyllenhaal, think that Terry Richardson has talent (despite being creepy) and even liked the past miu miu campaign. This one just seems a bit mucky and murky, for some reason. That's doesn't even make any sense, really.
Maybe it'll be better in magazines though...

Oops...I put this on the "Supporting Cast" forum too....maybe someone can merge..

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:26 pm
It's Billy Elliot! :bounce: But he looks so old now...
:cry:
maybe that is my problem - I like him when he was younger/cuter.

Originally posted by Sloan+Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:27 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sloan @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:27 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:26 pm
It's Billy Elliot! :bounce: But he looks so old now...
:cry:
maybe that is my problem - I like him when he was younger/cuter. [/b][/quote]
He needs to wash his hair, smile a bit and start dancing... :lol:

At least it'd make for an interesting campaign.
:innocent:

Originally posted by Sloan@Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:22 pm
I like the add with Maggie even though I am not a huge fan of hers.  However,  I am not sure about the Jamie Bell add...he seems uncomfortable w/posing.  Maybe it's just me? :unsure:
agreed...

...or...maybe he was just creeped out by the very creepy terry richardsoon...i'd probably have that same look on my face if he pointed his 'camera' at me...ewww.... :yuk:

i like his 'shyness' , but thats just me :flower:

maggie looks nice/happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->