Model Casting S/S 16

Just one black girl at Dior... Shame. Boring cast, btw.
I liked Isabel Marant, Anna closing the show was great. Also loved to see Imaan, Aya and Liya!!!
And I loved to see Nykhor Paul opening and closing the Issey Miyake show :heart:

Can't wait for Balenciaga, Wang better leave with a bang!

dior cast was boring, loewe cast was great especially nora attal!!!!!!

always love the diversity and positive energy of Issey Miyake shows :smile:

Balenciaga was 75% blonde white models... REALLY?! :furious:
And almost every model who weren't blond where white as well...

To the people who guessed last season that the Balenciaga casting was a gimmick for #BlackoutDay and everything would return to its "normalcy" the next season: good job. You win, we all lose. Yay.

I can't get over the ridiculousness of Zoe Kravitz walking down the runway to comment on the rest of the cast.

So that's who that short girl was...

And so ends Wang's reign of terror at Balenciaga.

After last season's Aamito and Grace Bol's striking 1-2 punch, we end up with this.

So many awkward faces. And was look #27 a model? she was so painful to watch. I don't understand why I'm so underwhelmed, should be used to it now.

I was watching like "oh wow this model looks Bella Heathcote, so pretty!... and this one looks just like.. Nicola Peltz? hmm.... now wait a minute that's def Riley Keough.... ugh, he WOULD"

it was an awful casting job @ Balenciaga. Also, a Cali themed showed with Biggie and Tupac, yet you have barely any diversity?

suki waterhouse too....she is absolutely NOT a belcnaiaga type of girl...

bad show with bad cast

That was the biggest gimmick ever. Plus, no big names at his last show while he's had Gisele, Werbowy, Malgosia before...

^AMAZING cast @ Mugler:buzz: all my favs in a row:flower::heart:

These models with the shaved heads reminds me of FW 14 when so many girls went platinum. Cool at first and works on some but its lost its impact.

ETA: Not talking about Grace, its always been that way.

Is it just me or has the season been quite dull in terms of (new) asian faces?

^ I love Pooja Mor!
But if you're speaking of East Asian girls, Wangy seems to be the new girl but I'm not feeling her. Same with Marga. I feel like her silver hair is all gimmick.

I really liked Kailey Hsu but she dropped off after a stellar NY season. Hyunji has a striking look and she seems to be booking consistently.

Off topic, but what happened to Yuan Bo Chao? Tiana Tolstoi? Sophia Ahrens? It's absolutely awful how far these girls fall from top newcomer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->