Montreal Street Style

montreal was soo lovely! i didn't get a chance to take pictures bc i was so busy with my family . . . but i found it to be quite a stylish city, just as i remember it being!! :smile::smile: i DID, however, get a chance to go to st-denis and mt-royal yesterday and i loved the stores. really nice hippie clothes that seemed more fashion-y than a lot i have seen in the past, as well as a lot of very interesting other stores. it was such nice weather, too! i thought it was going to be cooolllld but it wasn't at all. i was so sad to leave . . . i can't wait to go back this summer!

^
im glad you had a good time.

ppl in here are too harsh with montreal streetstyle.

in montreal theres smtg that many other cities lack: DIVERSITY.

All these pics are from cyberpresse.ca

The pics were taken on Saint-Laurent. Here's the article (in french) that goes with it. It's a comparison between our city and Paris.

^ That's strange, I can see all of lady.stardust's pictures. They're great. :smile:
Thanks Boluda!!!! Some pictures at last!

ya,...these kids started a montreal streetstyle blog about a week ago...bout time!!

(i actually know some of these ppl :blink: )

that kid from the stills is a dork.
but jodie (flannel jacket) is slick as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
boluda, i don't suppose you know the girl in the cream jacket you just posted. would love to know who made it.

i see value village! woo-hoo!

montreal looks better...torontonians...blah. but than again..i live in the suburbs...more blah!

a friendattack

random hipster party photos take it or leave it

^
avanlanche, dont take this the wrong way, but i would love to know what is your idea of STYLE, a picture demonstration would help

i cant say im CRAZY about some of the outfits above, i know some of the ppl in the pictures and i cant say their everyday style is 'godaweful' not by any stretch of the imagination, maybe a bit too tryhard and hipster, not godawful

^
avanlanche, dont take this the wrong way, but i would love to know what is your idea of STYLE, a picture demonstration would help

i cant say im CRAZY about some of the outfits above, i know some of the ppl in the pictures and i cant say their everyday style is 'godaweful' not by any stretch of the imagination, maybe a bit too tryhard and hipster, not godawful

While I do think the whole hipster thing is cute, a lot of fashion forward people just dislike them because a non-discerning audience sometimes lump them along with those kids. I bet Doktor avalanche is part of the Dior Homme/Ann Demeulemeester/Cloak/etc clan.

TYRING TOO HARD???? how so????
a mickey mouse shirt and slip on vans is trying too hard? to look like a piece of ***, maybe. but its still not anything that merits being documented in anyway ever. its just pointless.
except for maybe the chick in the white shoes, none of the outfits are put together very well. i mean, its a bit scary that these people comply to have their pictures taken. if i was dressed like that and someone asked to take my picture i would actually think it was to make sport of/poke fun at me. check the scandinavian streetstyle thread: same young hispter vibe but a THOUSAND BILLION times more well done than that. dont get me wrong, if i saw these people on the street i wouldnt be offended i just wouldnt give a ***. maybe not godaweful, but very MEDIOCRE.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I do think the whole hipster thing is cute, a lot of fashion forward people just dislike them because a non-discerning audience sometimes lump them along with those kids. I bet Doktor avalanche is part of the Dior Homme/Ann Demeulemeester/Cloak/etc clan.

haha well i really like ann. fuuma is actually a good example of what i would consider stylish. not that i expect everyone to drop 2 grand on carpe diem boots. no wait..scrap that...thats exactly what i expect.

haha well i really like ann. fuuma is actually a good example of what i would consider stylish. not that i expect everyone to drop 2 grand on carpe diem boots. no wait..scrap that...thats exactly what i expect.

People that do not wear footwear worth at least 1K should have their own space at the back of the bus… J

On a more serious note I really make the distinction between people interested in clothes (getting a better wardrobe, shopping, whatever) and people interested in the discipline of fashion design. You can be into both but even on fashion boards most posters are there for the former and not the later. Hipsters are pretty much the same, which is why, while I don’t dislike their style, I don’t want to be grouped with them (or even worse Goths!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->